The new ASUS TUF Gaming A15 2021 laptop has been officially introduced at the CES 2021. This is a fairly powerful gaming laptop, equipped with an advanced AMD Ryzen processor and RTX 3060 video card.
In particular, the new Asus TUF A15 laptop (TUF506QM) is powered by the 5th generation 3.2 GHz Ryzen 7 5800H eight-core processor, with the possibility of increasing to 4.3 GHz. The graphics subsystem includes a GeForce RTX 3060 graphics card with 6GB of GDDR6 memory.
The Asus TUF laptop is equipped with a 15.6-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1920 × 1080 pixels and a refresh rate of 144 Hz. The base variant carries 8GB of DDR4 RAM and a 512GB solid-state drive.
Among other things, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) and Bluetooth 5.1 wireless adapters, a USB 3.2 Type-C port, three USB 3.2 Type-A connectors, as well as a standard 3.5 mm audio jack are mentioned. Besides, there is a backlit keyboard.
The Asus TUF A15 also includes two 2W stereo speakers that are enhanced with DTS software technology to fully immerse you in movies, games, and music. Additionally, the noise-cancelling microphone array helps you to be heard clearly during in-game chats and video calls. You can also connect wireless Bluetooth devices such as headphones and speakers.
The dimensions of the laptop are 35.9 x 25.6 x 2.43 mm, weight – 2.3 kg. The laptop will ship with the Windows 10 Home operating system.
Price and availability
The new Asus TUF Gaming A15 laptop has already been listed on the Bhphotovideo.com website but without any pricing and availability details.
Asus TUF Gaming A15 Specifications
- Display: 15.6-inch IPS-Type LCD
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Maximum Brightness: 250 cd/m2
- Color Gamut: 45% NTSC, 62.5% sRGB, 47.34% Adobe RGB
- Refresh Rate: 144 Hz
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
- Adaptive-Sync Technology: Adaptive-Sync
- Viewing Angle (H x V): 85 x 85°
- OS: Windows 10 Home
- CPU: 3.2 GHz AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 8-Core, Max. Boost 4.4 GHz
- L3 Cache: 16 MB
- RAM: 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 (Max. 32GB)
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 with 6 GB GDDR6 VRAM
- Storage: 1 x 1 TB M.2 NVMe PCIe
- Ports: 3 x USB Type-A (USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 1), USB Type-C Ports 1 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2, 1 x HDMI 2.0b, 1 x 1/8″ / 3.5 mm Headphone/Microphone Input/Output
- Built-In Speakers: 2 x 2 W
- Built-In Microphones: Yes
- Connectivity: Ethernet 1 x RJ45 (Gigabit), Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax); Dual-Band (2.4 & 5 GHz), 2 x 2 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1
- Webcam User-Facing: 720p
- Battery: Lithium-Ion 4-Cell 90 Wh
- Keyboard: Chiclet Notebook Keyboard with Backlight
- Pointing Device: TouchPad
- Security: Power-On Password
- Power Supply 200 W
- Dimensions: 35.9 x 25.6 x 2.43 cm
- Weight: 5.1 lb / 2.3 kg
Asus has also introduced the Asus ROG Strix G15 & G17 with AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070, and a 300 Hz display. Asus ROG Strix SCAR 15/17 laptops with 360 Hz display, Ryzen 9 5900HX, and a GeForce RTX 3080 GPU. ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 SE dual-display gaming laptop with new AMD Ryzen 7 5800H and Ryzen 9 5900HX processors. And Asus TUF Gaming A17 2021 laptop with an advanced AMD Ryzen processor and RTX 3060 GPU at CES 2021.