AKAI Professional releases MPK Mini MKIII, the third generation of the popular MPK MIDI keyboard controller with modernized features.
The first version of the Akai MPK Mini was already a compact, easy-to-use and versatile keyboard controller, which now wants to find more fans in the third generation. Thanks to the driverless plug-and-play connection, the Akai Professional MPK Mini MKIII can be used immediately and offers seamless compatibility with industry-standard DAWs.
Equipped velocity-sensitive with a newly developed 25-mini keys keyboard (Gen 2), an OLED display, eight touchpads with backlit from the MPC series, eight assignable Q-Link knobs and classic MPK features like Note Repeat, arpeggiator, and four-way joystick, wants the new MPK Mini MKIII convince demanding performers.
The keyboard controller is available in three color variants (red, black and white) with the current MPC-Beats Akai mpk mini software as well as samples from selected MPC expansion packs and a selection of versatile virtual instruments (AIR Hybrid, Mini Grand, Velvet) to get started right away to be able to.
Price and availability
AKAI Professional MPK Mini MKIII MPK MIDI keyboard controller has been priced at $119 and it can be pre-ordered through the Bhphotovideo.com online store. The shipping will start from August 11th, 2020.
- 25 Mini keys featuring a redesigned Gen 2 keybed for dynamic expression and precise articulation
- OLED display for immediate parameter feedback
- 8 bankable MPC performance pads with Note Repeat and full level functions
- 8 endless rotary knobs
- 4-way joystick for pitch and modulation control
- Class-compliant USB connectivity
- Built-in arpeggiator
- Sustain pedal input jack
- Sturdy design and build
- Over 1500 sounds and a comprehensive software bundle, including the Complete Music Production Starter Kit with MPC Beats, six virtual instruments (Bassline, Tubesynth, Electric, Hybrid 3, Mini Grand, Velvet) and 2GB of sound content
- Three color options: Original, Black, White
Back in May, Akai Professional has introduced the MPC Live II Standalone Music Production desk with an integrated sampler, sequencer, 7-inch touchscreen display, 16 velocity-sensitive RGB-backlit pads, and 4 endless encoder “Q-Link” controls.