The recently commercially available best budget gaming monitor iiyama G-Master G2560HSU-B3 will soon have a sister model with significantly better ergonomics and otherwise identical properties. The G-Master GB2560HSU-B3 also uses a 24.5-inch TN panel with full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels), a maximum of 165 Hz refresh rate, and a faster response time.
The contrast ratio is 1000: 1, the brightness is 400 cd/m², and the color depth at 8 bits. Other new features of the 165hz monitor include two internal 2-watt speakers and FreeSync Premium anti-tearing technology. On the interface side, the iiyama GB2560HSU-B3 packs DisplayPort 1.3, HDMI 2.0, a USB 2.0 hub, and a headphone output. The typical power consumption of the monitor is 22 watts, according to the datasheet.
But now to the ergonomic advantages of the 24.5-inch model already mentioned: With rotation, inclination, height adjustment, pivot, VESA mounting (100 x 100 mm), blue light filtering, and flicker-free background lighting, most requests in this regard should be well covered.
Price and availability
The iiyama G-Master GB2560HSU-B3 is listed on Amazon.co.uk for £224.44, this price makes it a good fit in the best budget gaming monitor segment.
iiyama GB2560HSU-B3 specifications
- Display: 24.5-inch TN LED panel, matte finish
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels (Full HD)
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Brightness: 400 cd/m²
- Static contrast ratio: 1000:1
- Advanced contrast ratio: 80M:1
- Refresh rate: 165Hz
- Response time (MPRT): 0.5ms
- Viewing zone: horizontal/vertical: 170°/160°, right/left: 85°/85°, up/down: 80°/80°
- Colour support: 16.7mln
- Pixel pitch: 0.283mm
- Features: Blue light reducer, Flicker-free, FreeSync Premium, Black Tuner, Kensington-lock
- Ports: HDMI x1, DisplayPort x1, USB HUB x2 (v.2.0 (DC5V, 500mA)), HDCP, Headphone jack,
- Audio: 2 x 2W speakers
- Stand: Height 130mm; Pivot 90°; Swivel 90°; 45° left; 45° right; Tilt 22° up; 5° down
- VESA mounting: 100 x 100mm
- Dimensions: 557.5 x 370 (500) x 210mm
- Weight: 5.5kg