Asus has unveiled the Vivobook 13 Slate OLED 2 in 1 tablet laptop with pen support, has a detachable keyboard, and has decent connectivity. Asus also included an OLED display, but the Vivobook slate is powered by an Intel Pentium Silver N6000, with a minimum of 4GB of RAM and 64GB of eMMC flash storage.
While the manufacturer touts the Asus Vivobook 13 slate OLED as the “world’s first 13.3-inch detachable Windows OLED laptop,” most of the device’s hardware is less impressive. More specifically, Asus equips the device with an Intel Pentium Silver N6000 processor and 4 or 8 GB of RAM.
In addition, the company offers a choice of 64 or 256 GB of storage. However, the first is eMMC storage, which is much slower than the NVMe SSD used for the 256 GB version. The Asus Vivobook OLED tablet also has two USB 3.2 Type-C ports, as well as a microSD card reader.
For some reason, ASUS also went for a 16:9 display, an odd aspect ratio for a 2 in 1 tablet laptop running Windows 11. Nonetheless, the Asus Vivobook slate 13’s detachable keyboard has a large trackpad with good-sized keys, while the ASUS 2.0 stylus supports 4,096 pressure levels and has a sampling rate of 266 Hz.
Price and availability
Asus Vivobook 13 slate OLED is now listed on the Amazon.com website, and it cost $749.99 for the model with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage.
Asus Vivobook 13 slate OLED specifications
- Processor: Intel Pentium Silver N6000 Processor ( 4 cores / 4 threads / 1.1 GHz – 3.3 GHz Clockspeed )
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics
- Display: 13.3-inch Full HD OLED screen
- Display Features: Glossy, Touch and Stylus support, 550nits, VESA DisplayHDR True Black 500 certified, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 0.2 ms response time, 1.07 billion colors, 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio
- Memory: 8GB ram ( LPDDR4X on board )
- Storage: 256GB ( M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 SSD )
- Stylus support: ASUS Pen 2.0 ( 4096 pressure levels, 266 Hz sampling rate, USB Type-c charge, 4 interchangeable pen tips )
- USB ports: 2x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C support display / power delivery
- Other ports: 3.5mm combo mic/headphone jack, micro sd card reader
- Front camera: 5MP camera
- Rear camera: 13MP camera
- Wireless and Networking: Wi-Fi 6(802.11ax) with ASUS WiFi Master + Bluetooth 5.2 (Dual band) 2*2
- Battery: 50WHrs, 3S1P, 3-cell Li-ion ( Quick charge support – charges to 60% in just 39 minutes )
- Power supply: USB Type-C 65W AC Adapter
- Weight: 0.78 kg (1.72 lbs)
- Operating system: Windows 11 Home
- Color: Black
- Security: Fingerprint sensor integrated with Power Key, Trusted Platform Module (Firmware TPM)
Yesterday, Asus unveiled the Republic of Gamers (ROG) Rapture GT-AX6000 WiFi 6 AX (802.11ax) high-speed gaming router. The Asus AiMesh router with a futuristic appearance “allows gamers to connect more devices and takes the gameplay to the next level.”, and is priced at $399.99.