Recently announced new Sirui 24mm F2.8 Anamorphic 1.33x lens is now available on B&H store. The wide angle lens is designed for Canon EF-M, Fujifilm X, Nikon Z, Sony E, and Micro Four Thirds.
This 24mm F2.8 Anamorphic 1.33x wide lens increases the horizontal FOV by 33% compared with traditional 24mm APS-C lenses. The captured image is displayed in a 2.4:1 format in a 16:9 setting.
This lightweight and portable lens is designed with an aluminum housing and features optics with multilayer nanocoatings. Made with renowned Schott optical glass lens elements, it produces rectangular aspect ratios, long horizontal lens flares, and oval bokeh.
One of the exciting features of this lens is the close focus distance of just under 2′, allowing you to get close focus for creative effects. Focus scales marked in both feet and meters make this well suited for users around the world, and the 72mm filter thread is a popular filter size for adding filters to your lens.
Price and availability
Sirui 24mm F2.8 Anamorphic 1.33x wide angle lens has been priced at $999.90 and is now available to pre-order on the Bhphotovideo.com website.
Sirui 24mm F2.8 Anamorphic 1.33x Specifications
- Focal Length: 24mm
- Lens Mount: Micro Four Thirds, Canon EF-M, Fujifilm X, Nikon Z, Sony E
- Format: Super35/APS-C
- Maximum F-Stop: f/2.8
- Minimum T-Stop: T16
- Minimum Focus Distance: From Unspecified Point in Lens: 23.6″ / 0.6 m
- Optical Design: 13 Elements in 10 Groups
- Iris Blades: 8
- Maximum magnification: 1: 21.99 (V), 1: 29.07 (H)
- Focus ring rotation angle: 190 °
- Maximum diameter: 74mm
- Focus ring diameter: 64.6mm
- Filter Thread: 72 mm
- Focus Scales: Metric, Imperial
- Horizontal Squeeze (Anamorphic): 1.33x
- Weight: MFT – 770 g; Sony E – 780g; Fuji X – 780g; Canon EF-M – 780g; Nikon Z – 810g
- Total length: MFT – 124.9mm; Sony E – 126.1mm; Fuji X – 126.4mm; Canon EF-M – 126.1mm; Nikon Z- 128.1mm
Last year, Sirui has also introduced the 35mm F1.8 Anamorphic 1.33x lens for APS-C and MFT cameras. Its compact size ideal in terms of optical distortion and focus breathing. Made of an aircraft-grade aluminum-alloy body, and Schott optical elements, priced at $799.