Philips announced the 27E1N5600HE with a 27-inch panel, 2.5K resolution, and 75Hz refresh rate. The Philips 5000 series 27E1N5600HE LCD monitor with webcam also features a Windows Hello webcam and a host of ports, including other characteristics.
Philips introduced the 27E1N5600HE, a new entry in the 5000 series of monitors. Joined by the Philips 5000 24E1N5300HE, the 27E1N5600HE has an IPS panel with a W-LED backlight system and is 27 inches wide. According to Philips, the 75Hz monitor sports a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels and 75Hz, available on DisplayPort or HDMI connections.
For the record, Philips equips the 27E1N5600HE with DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 1.4, and USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-C ports, the latter being able to charge devices up to 65 W thanks to the USB Power Delivery 3.0 protocol. Additionally, Philips includes four USB 3.2 Type-A ports and a 3.5mm jack for connecting external audio equipment. However, the 27E1N5600HE also has two 5 W speakers, as well as a 5-megapixel webcam compatible with Windows Hello.
Separately, Philips claims that the 27E1N5600HE offers 4ms GtG and 1ms MPRT response times, a peak brightness of 300 nits, and a contrast ratio of 1,000:1. Similarly, the 27E1N5600HE offers 102.02% and 114.18% coverage of NTSC and sRGB color spaces, respectively.
Price and availability
The Philips 27E1N5600HE monitor with Windows Hello camera is now listed on the Amazon.co.uk store at £339.99 without availability details.
Philips 27E1N5600HE specifications
- Display: 27-inch IPS panel, Anti-reflective, 3H, Opaque 25%
- Display area: 596.736 (H) x 335.664 (W)
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Resolution: 2560×1440 pixels
- Refresh rate: 75Hz
- Pixel density: 108.79 PPI
- Response time (typical): 4ms (gray-gray) / 1 ms (MPRT)
- Brightness: 300 cd/m²
- Contrast ratio (typical): 1000:1
- SmartContrast: Mega Infinity DCR
- Pixel pitch: 0.2331 x 0.2331 mm
- Viewing angle: 178º (H) / 178º (V) – C/R > 10
- Color gamut (typical): NTSC 102.02% / sRGB 114.18%
- Display color: 16.7 million
- Features: Anti-flicker, Playing SmartImage, LowBlue mode, EasyRead, sRGB technology, Adaptive sync, Mic with Noise cancellation, Kensington lock
- Ports: HDMI 1.4 x 1, DisplayPort 1.2 x 1, USB-C 3.2 second generation x 1 (upstream, power supply up to 65 W), HDCP 1.4 (HDMI / DisplayPort / USB-C), USB 3.2 x 4 (downstream with 1 quick charge BC 1.2), Audio output
- Audio: 5W x 2 speakers
- Webcam: Windows Hello 5MP webcam
- VESA mounting: 100 x 100 mm
- Stand: Height adj. (130 mm), Swivel (-/+ 90 degrees), Tilt (-5/20 degree)
- Dimensions: 614 x 524 x 212 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 6.57 kg (with stand)
Recently, the Philips series 5000 was also reinforced by the affordable 34 inch curved monitor 34E1C5600HE, which comes with USB-C, Quad HD resolution (3440 x 1440 pixels), integrated 5 MP webcam, stereo speakers as well as MultiView for the home office scores, and is priced at £479.99.