ASUS has expanded its range of gaming-grade monitors with the announcement of the TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B. The new Asus TUF gaming monitor has a 34-inch VA panel, which corresponds to the WQHD resolution is 3440 × 1440 pixels with an aspect ratio of 21:9.
The Asus curved monitor has a concave shape: the radius of curvature is 1500R. Brightness reaches 550 cd/m2, typical and dynamic contrast ratios are 4000:1 and 100,000,000:1. The panel has horizontal and vertical viewing angles up to 178 degrees.
The Asus TUF monitor features ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB) technology, which is responsible for reducing motion blur. FreeSync Premium system helps to improve the smoothness of the gameplay. The 165hz monitor has a refresh rate of up to 165 Hz and a response time of 1 ms (MPRT).
It claims 90 percent coverage of the DCI-P3 color space and 120 percent coverage of the sRGB color space. The new Asus TUF gaming monitor also supports HDR10. Flicker-free and Low Blue Light technologies help to reduce eye strain during hours of battles.
A set of GamePlus tools is provided: it includes a timer, a crosshair, a frame counter, and a picture alignment tool. Shadow Boost will help you see details in poorly lit areas of the image.
The 1ms monitor is equipped with 2-watt stereo speakers, DisplayPort 1.4 (× 2), HDMI 2.0 (× 2) interfaces, and a USB hub.
Price and availability
Asus TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B has been priced at $499.99 and is already listed on the Bhphotovideo.com website without any availability details.
Asus TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B Specifications
- Display: Wide Screen 34-inch 21:9 VA panel
- Color Saturation: 120% sRGB / DCI-P3 90%
- True Resolution: 3440×1440
- Display Viewing Area(HxV): 797.2 x 333.7 mm
- Display Surface: Non-glare
- Pixel Pitch: 0.232 mm
- Brightness(Max): 550 cd/㎡
- Contrast Ratio (Max): 4000:1
- Viewing Angle (CR≧10): 178°(H)/178°(V)
- Response Time: 1ms MPRT*
- Display Colors: 16.7M
- Refresh Rate(max): 165Hz
- Features: Flicker free, HDR10, GamePlus modes – Crosshair/Timer/FPS Counter/Display Alignment, Low Blue Light, HDCP,
- GameVisual Modes – Scenery/Racing/Cinema/RTS/RPG/FPS/sRGB Modes/MOBA Mode, FreeSync technology, Adaptive-Sync, Display Widget Lite, Extreme Low Motion Blur, Multiple HDR Mode, Shadow Boost, Kensington lock
- Audio: 2W x 2 Stereo RMS
- Ports: HDMI (v2.0) x2, DisplayPort 1.4×2, 3.5mm Mini-Jack, USB Port 3.0×4
- Mechanical Design: Tilt – +15°~-5°, Swivel -10°~+10°, Height Adjustment – 0~130 mm,
- VESA Wall Mounting: 100x100mm
- Dimensions: 809 x (416~546) x 274 mm with Stand
- Weight: 9.01 kg
If you’re a hardcore gamer and looking for the best quality monitor for gaming, we have the Asus ROG Swift PG259QN that reviewed recently, draws you from an IPS panel with HDR support and anti-blur technology, in addition to a 360 Hz display.