Netgear has announced the WAX204 wireless Access Point device for Business Essentials. This WiFi 6 (802.11ax) compliant access point is designed for small offices and home offices. It operates in two frequency bands, with a bandwidth of 1.8 Gbps.
According to the manufacturer, the WAX204 WiFi access point is designed for customers who do not require a remote control but need a simple local control solution with an intuitive user interface. The WAX204 wireless access points benefit from an “excellent combination of performance and coverage at a reasonable price.” Small and home offices, cafes, shops, etc. are named as examples of areas of application.
With WiFi6 support, the hotspot provides more and more stable coverage while reducing dead spots. With its help, you can simultaneously organize up to three separate wireless networks with dedicated channels (SSID), distributing tasks between them. For example, at home, a separate network can be set aside for remote work or training to ensure there are no interrupting video calls and the seamless transfer of large files. The WAX204 is equipped with a Gigabit Ethernet (WAN) port and four Gigabit Ethernet (LAN) ports for wired connection to a printer, TV, game console, or PC.
The Netgear WAX204 wireless access point device has already been available to pre-order on Amazon.com for $129.99.
Netgear WAX204 Features
- 40% higher speeds, 1.8Gbps speeds
- 3 separate SSIDs for secure guest, employee, and admin networks
- WPA/WPA2/WPA3 for high level WiFi connection security
- DHCP NAT server for firewall security
- Dedicated WiFi for work from home
- 5 Ethernet ports for wired connection to printer, laptop and more
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz Frequency Band
- 1x GbE WAN; 4x GbE LAN ports
- 64 Maximum Number of Clients
- 40 Maximum Number of Concurrent Devices
- 1, 500 sq. ft. Coverage Area
Back in October, Netgear has announced the Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR1000 Wi-Fi 6 Router (AX5400). Thanks to the latest WiFi 6 technology, the XR1000 Night hawk router should enable online users and gamers in particular to enjoy smooth streaming and first-class gameplay with stable pings and reduced lags.