DJI has announced the third-generation Mavic drone, the DJI Mavic 3 Classic. It is offered in three trim levels. Two of which differ in control actuators: the standard DJI RC-N1 or the advanced DJI RC with a built-in FHD display. But the third set consists exclusively of one drone. It is the most affordable variant of the previously released DJI Mavic 3, starting at $1,469 for the base unit.
The original DJI Mavic 3, in addition to the main camera, also has an additional camera with a telephoto lens, but the new Mavic 3 Classic comes with only one camera. At the same time, the main camera of the drone is the same as that of the advanced model: based on a 20-megapixel MFT (M4/3) CMOS sensor with a lens with an equivalent focal length of 24mm and an adjustable aperture from F/2.8 to F/11.
The new Mavic 3 Classic drone supports 5.1K video recording at 50fps, as well as 4K and 1080p video recording at 60fps using H.264 and H.265 codecs. In addition, there are additional video modes in 4K at 120 fps or 1080p at 200 fps.
The flight time is stated – as up to 40 minutes in a state hovering in the air and flight mode up to 46 minutes, and the maximum flight range is declared as up to 30 km. At the same time, the flight time can be extended due to the Mavic 3 Fly More Kit, it includes two batteries, each of which, like the main one, has a capacity of 77 Wh.
In addition, the Mavic 3 Fly More Kit includes a 100W battery charging hub, a 65W car charger, three pairs of low-noise propellers, and a carrying case. For this kit, you will have to pay $649.
The new Mavic 3 Classic supports cruise control. This function allows you to set a fixed flight speed, making the shooting process more comfortable and smooth. And yet, the ActiveTrack 5.0 feature allows you to recognize objects, fix them and synchronize the movements of the drone and camera with them.
The DJI Mavic 3 Classic drone supports many safety features such as the APAS 5.0 system, which processes data from eight sensors and allows you to avoid obstacles.
There is an AirSense ADS-B receiver. It receives signals from air traffic, and the DJI GEO 2.0 system warns of nearby airports while notifying of flight restrictions.
DJI Mavic 3 Classic release date and price
The cost of the drone without a remote is $1,469, with DJI RC-N1 remote is $1,599, and with DJI RC remote bundle costs $1,749. It is already available to pre-order on Bhphotovideo.com, Adorama.com, and Amazon.com, and will be released on November 23, 2022.
- Maximum flight time: 46 min.
- Maximum hang time: 40 min.
- Image sensor: M4/3 CMOS, effective pixels: 20 MP. The maximum image size is 5280×3956.
- Lens, FOV: 84°, Format equivalent: 24mm, Aperture: F/2.8-F/11, Focus: 1m to ∞.
- ISO range
- Video: normal, slow motion: 100-6400 (normal color), 400-1600 (D-Log), 100-1600 (HLG), night mode: 800-12800 (normal color).
- Photo: 100-6400.
- Electronic shutter: 8-1/8000 sec.
- Photo format: JPEG/DNG (RAW).
- Video resolution:
- H.264/H.2655.1K: 5120×2700 at 24/25/30/48/50 fps.
- DCI 4K: 4096×2160 at 24/25/30/48/50/60/120 fps.
- 4K: 3840×2160 at 24/25/30/48/50/60/120 fps.
- FHD: 1920×1080@24/25/30/48/50/60/120*/200* fps.
- Video format: MP4/ MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, HEVC/H.265).
- Maximum video bitrate: H.264/H.265: 200Mbps.
- Battery: 5000 mAh