LG has launched a new best budget monitor to join the already existing AMD FreeSync monitor series. The latest LG 24MP400-B FHD monitor has a screen size of 24 inches and offers a resolution of 1920×1080, a fast gray-to-gray response time, and a refresh rate of up to 75Hz.
LG has launched the LG 24MP400-B, which, as the name suggests, is a 24-inch external monitor. The affordable best budget monitor offers Full HD resolution, while casual gamers looking for a budget option might be tempted by the 75Hz refresh rate and 5ms response time (gray to grey).
The top edge and side faces of the new LG 1080p monitor are very narrow and attractive, although the “chin” is quite prominent. However, the screen is still expected to find fans thanks to its super slim profile, with LG claiming a thickness of just 7.5mm at the thinnest part of the device. IPS technology contributes to 178 ° viewing angles, adding a layer of versatility to the 24-inch LG monitor.
The LG 24MP400-B also supports a uni-body design with ultra-narrow bezel and tilt adjustment is the ideal screen for a desktop setup. There are features like Reader mode and Flicker safe, which are useful for those who need to watch the monitor for long periods and don’t want to suffer from visual fatigue.
There are connection ports for HDMI, VGA, and headphones, and the set weighs 5.1 lbs (without a stand).
Price and availability
LG 24MP400-B AMD FreeSync monitor has been priced at $169.99 only and is already available to buy at Amazon.com. The best budget monitor is probably an affordable option for those who spend a lot of time in front of the computer and like to mix light gaming sessions with periods of work.
LG 24MP400-B Specifications
- Display: 24-inch Anti-Glare IPS panel
- Color Gamut (Typ.): NTSC 72% (CIE1931)
- Color Depth (Number of Colors): 16.7M
- Pixel Pitch (mm): 0.2745 x 0.2746 mm
- Response Time (GTG): 5ms (GtG at Faster)
- Refresh Rate: 75Hz
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (FHD)
- Brightness: 200cd (Min)/250cd (Typ)
- Contrast Ratio: 600:1 (Min.), 1000:1 (Typ.)
- Viewing Angle: 178˚(R/L), 178˚(U/D)
- Ports: HDMI x1, D-Subx 1
- Features: Color Weakness Mode, Dynamic Action Sync, Crosshair, Flicker Safe, Smart Energy Saving, Reader Mode, Super Resolution +, On Screen Control (OSC)
- Stand: Tilt
- Wall Mount: 75 x 75 mm
- Dimensions: 21.3″ x 16.3″ x 7.5″ (with stand)
- Weight: 5.7 lbs (with stand)
Last month LG has also made available new gaming monitors including the LG 27MP60G-B FHD monitor with AMD FreeSync and 1ms motion blur technology, LG 24MP60G-B budget gaming monitor with AMD FreeSync, as well as 1ms response time, and LG 32UP550-W 32 inch 4K monitor with a resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 pixels and AMD FreeSync technology.