Dell has unveiled the Dell Precision 5480 2023, featuring Intel Raptor Lake-H vPro options and the latest Nvidia RTX Ada workstation GPUs, with configurations available up to the RTX 5000 Ada. This 14-inch Precision 5480 offers users a choice between FHD+ and QHD+ touchscreen display options.
In the realm of workstations, the Dell Precision series is akin to what the XPS is for general laptops. The new Precision workstation, the Precision 5480 2023, is a 14-inch model offering 4-sided FHD+ and QHD+ 16:10 60Hz InfinityEdge display choices. The QHD+ variant even supports an active pen. Both display options boast a brightness of up to 500 nits and cover the 100% sRGB color gamut.
Dell provides an array of Intel 13th Gen Raptor Lake-H vPro models, encompassing the Core i5-13500H, Core i5-13600H, Core i7-13700H, Core i7-13800H, and the Core i9-13900H.
Beginning with the Alder Lake generation, Intel commenced segmenting vPro functions based on the required security features. Consequently, the Core i5-13500H and Core i7-13700H come with vPro Essentials, while the other CPU options are bundled with vPro Enterprise features.
The Precision 5480 2022 also offers Nvidia RTX A1000 Ampere graphics, boasting 6GB of GDDR6 RAM. Moreover, buyers can select between RTX 2000 Ada and RTX A3000 Ada with 8GB GDDR6 memory.
It is ISV-certified for running workstation applications and has undergone MIL-STD 810H testing to ensure durability. In terms of connectivity, the port selection omits USB Type-A ports, relying instead on four Thunderbolt 4 ports featuring Power Delivery and DisplayPort-out.
Additional features include a carbon fiber wrist rest, Intel AX211 Wi-Fi 6E with optional Bluetooth 5.2, NFC connectivity, Dell Optimizer, and biometric login support via an IR camera and fingerprint reader.
Price and availability
Dell Precision 5480 2023 specifications
- CPU: Intel Core i7-13800H (13th Gen), Up to 5.2 GHz Performance 6-Core / Up to 4 GHz Efficiency 8-Core, L3 Cache 24 MB
- Graphics: NVIDIA RTX 2000 with 6 GB GDDR6 VRAM
- Memory: 32 GB 6000 MHz LPDDR5, 2 x 16 GB (Onboard)
- Storage: 1 x 512 GB M.2 NVMe PCIe
- Display: 14-inch LCD panel, 16:10, 1920 x 1200, Touchscreen, 500 nits Brightness, 100% sRGB, 60 Hz Refresh Rate
- Ports: 4 x Thunderbolt 4 (Supports DisplayPort and Power Delivery), 1 x 1/8″ / 3.5 mm Headphone/Microphone, microSD/microSDHC
- Audio: Built-In Speakers/Microphones
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) with MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC
- Webcam: IR camera
- Battery: 4-Cell: 72 Wh, 130 W with USB-C
- Keyboard & Mouse: Notebook Keyboard / TouchPad
- Security: Fingerprint Reader, Wedge-Shaped Lock Slot
- Dimensions: 310.6 x 210.3 x 18.95 mm
- Weight: 3.26 lb / 1.48 kg
Dell has also introduced the redesigned Latitude 7640 2023, a business notebook from the Latitude 7000 series. This premium-class laptop offers the latest Intel Raptor Lake U and P series CPUs, supports up to 64 GB of LPDDR5x RAM, and features new FHD+ 16:10 displays with a brightness of up to 300 nits. Pricing starts at $1,650.