Bowers & Wilkins has recently announced the new 700 Series Signature loudspeakers. The B and W speakers added to the 700 S2 Series, which was released in 2017 are two: 702 Signature and 705 Signature. The first distinctive feature is the finish used: B and W has opted for an ebony color that takes the name of Datuk Gloss.
It is a particular wood processing carried out by a specialized Italian company. For each diffuser nine coats of primer, base and lacquer are applied. This process allows us to obtain shades that give a greater sense of depth to the shapes, obtaining veins on several levels. Each product is also marked with a special plate bearing the word “Signature”.
The 702 and 705 Signature Loudspeakers sported the iconic “tweeter-on-top”, machined from a solid block of aluminum and placed in a very stable and resonance resistant housing. The tweeters are made with a 2.5mm carbon dome. The mid-ranges feature a Continuum cone and feature a decoupled design similar to that found on the 800 Series Diamond loudspeakers. This solution reduces the coloration of the sound generated by the resonances inside the cabinet. For woofers, the Aerofoil Profile cone is re-proposed, characterized by a shape that offers rigidity where it is most required.
Finally, the new 702 and 705 Signature home speakers are equipped with optimized crossovers, with components selected to further improve performance compared to the standard 705 S2 and 702 S2 B W speakers.
- Description: 3-way bass-reflex system
- Features: Decoupled Carbon Dome Tweeter, Tweeter-on-Top Solid Body, Continuum Midrange FST cone, Decoupled Midrange,
- Aerofoil Profile Woofer Cones, Flowport
- Transducers: 1 x 25mm High-Frequency Decoupled Carbon Dome Tweeter, 1 x 150mm Continuum Midrange FST Cone, 3 x 165 mm Woofer Aerofoil Profile
- Frequency range: 6 dB at 28 Hz and 33 kHz
- Frequency response: 46 Hz – 28 kHz ± 3dB
- Efficiency: 90 dB SPL (2.83 Vrms, 1 m)
- Harmonic distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonic (90 dB, 1 m), <1% 86Hz – 28kHz, <0.5% 110Hz – 20kHz
- Normal impedance: 8 Ω (minimum 3.1 Ω)
- Recommended amplification power: 30 W – 300 W on 8 Ω of unclipped power
- Dimensions: Height: 994mm cabinet only, 1,087mm including tweeter and base, Width: 200mm cabinet only, 366mm including base,
- Depth: 337mm cabinet only, 364mm including grille and clamps, 452mm including base
- Weight: 29.5 kg
- Price: $3,249.88 and is now available to buy on Bestbuy.com
- Description: 2-way bass reflex system
- Features: Decoupled Carbon Dome Tweeter, Tweeter-on-Top Solid Body, Continuum cone for bass / midrange, Flowport
- Transducers: 1 x 25mm High Frequency Decoupled Carbon Dome Tweeter, 1 x 165mm Continuum Midrange FST Cone
- Frequency range: 6 dB at 45 Hz and 33 kHz
- Frequency response: 50 Hz – 28 kHz ± 3dB
- Efficiency: 88 dB spl (2.83 Vrms, 1 m)
- Harmonic distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonic (90 dB, 1 m), <1% 100Hz – 22kHz, <0.5% 150Hz – 20kHz
- Normal impedance: 8 Ω (minimum 3.7 Ω)
- Recommended amplification power: 30 W – 120 W on 8 Ω of unclipped power
- Dimensions: Height: 340mm cabinet only, 407mm including tweeter and base, Width: 200 mm, Depth: 285mm cabinet only, 301mm including grille and clamps, 452mm including base
- Weight: 9.3 kg
Back in May, Sonos has introduced new Dolby Atmos Soundbar named the Sonos Arc is the company’s first Bluetooth soundbar that supports Dolby Atmos.