Amazon launches the new version of its Fire series tablet designed for children: it is Fire HD 10 Kids Edition, which replaces the previous one presented in 2014.
What’s new is the size and hardware features of the tablet, which features a 10.1-inch 1080p Full HD screen, a quad-core processor, 32GB of internal storage (expandable to 256GB with a microSD) and a battery that should last up to 10 hours, while the case is cover is kid-proof.
This version is also introduced in two characteristics that had decreed the success of the predecessor: first the two-year warranty, so if the device for whatever reason, stop working it would be replaced free by Amazon with a new model; secondly, 1 year of FreeTime Unlimited which offers access to more than 15,000 kid-friendly books, videos, educational apps and games specifically designed for children. In addition to Unlimited content, parents can rely on various parental control tools to limit usage time, educational goals and content filters.
The Fire HD 10 Kids Edition is now available for pre-order on Amazon at $199.99, while the shipments will start on July 11th. Separately, Amazon is also rolling out an update to the other Fire tablets so they can double as an Echo Show. Users will now get a Show Mode Charging Dock to complete the transformation.
|Fire HD 10 Kids Edition Tablet, 10.1" 1080p Full HD Display, 32 GB, Blue Kid-Proof Case (Previous...||Buy on Amazon|
No products found.
No products found.
Fire HD 10 Kids Edition Specifications
- Dimensions of 294 x 188 x 26 mm
- Weight of 660g
- FHD IPS Display of 10.1 inches with 224ppi
- Resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels
- Rear Camera of 2 mega pixels
- Front Camera of 0.3 mega pixels
- 1.8 GHz quad-core Processor
- 2GB of RAM
- Internal memory of 32GB
- Expandable memory up to 256GB
- Connectivity of Dual-band Wi-Fi, USB 2.0, microSD slot
- 3.5mm audio jack, dual stereo speakers integrated with Dolby Atmos sound
- Battery life up to 10 hours, fully charged in 5 hours
- Accelerometer, Ambient light sensors