Rode has introduced its new, feature-rich Hybrid Microphone called VideoMic NTG. New Rose Mic has a super compact design features a 3.5mm mini-jack with auto-sensing On/Off function, a separate -20db channel recording, cleverly integrated gain control, for recording and headphones, USB-C port for PC/Mac recordings, TRS and TRRS sensors for various mobile recording devices and much more.
For the power supply of the Rode VideoMic NTG microphone comes with a lithium-ion battery, which allows up to 30 hours of recording time, according to Rode.
In addition, the new Rode microphones offer switchable high-pass filters and pads. For outdoor shooting in the wind, Rode also optionally offers a corresponding fur windshield. The frequency range is with 20Hz-20Khz, the impedance is 10 ohms and the signal-to-noise ratio at 79dBA.
With Rode VideoMic NTG, the company presents a particularly versatile, highly compact condenser microphone. We find the side-mounted ports (USB-C and mini-jack) particularly clever, which should ensure a tidier look when mounting the camera, the energy-saving on/off auto-sensing function on the 3.5mm mini-jack and the -20db security recording feature where a security track is stored on the second stereo track.
This new Rode mic comes with the USB-C port, so the company covers both streamers as well as podcasting, video conferencing, gaming, and blogging. But with this broad scope of application, the new Rode should be a very attractive offer for many. If audio quality and workmanship are correct, then Rode could have hit the bull’s eye.
Rode Mic VideoMic NTG Specifications
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure gradient electret condenser
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Range: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Frequency Response: 35Hz – 18kHz ±3 dB
- Output Impedance: 10Ω
- Signal to noise Ratio: 79 dBA
- Dynamic Range: 105dB SPL (A-weighted, as per IEC651)
- Equivalent Noise: 15dB SPL (A-weighted, as per IEC651)
- Sensitivity: -26 dB re 1V/Pa (50mV @ 94dB SPL) ± 1dB @ 1kHz
- Input SPL @ 1% THD: 120dB SPL
- High Pass Filter Frequency: 75Hz, 150Hz
- Battery Life: 30+ hours
- Battery Capacity: 350mAh
- Output Connection: 3.5mm auto-sensing USB-C
- Bit Depth: 24-bit
- Sample Rates: 48kHz
- OS: Mac OS 10.12/Windows 10
- Dimension: 21.6 x 171mm
- Weight: 94g
The Rode VideoMic NTG is already up for pre-orders via Bhphotovideo.com for $249.