As expected, the Profoto has made available its popular A1X AirTTL-S Studio Light for Sony cameras. Profoto aimed to make the A1 on-camera flash, which can be used simply by taking it out of the box. Profoto A1X uses a high-capacity lithium-ion battery, which allows you to work 4 times longer than AA batteries.
A flash that would bring in really high quality due to the round shape of the head, allowing you to get both natural and beautiful lights with soft edges of the light spot – approaching natural light. The Profoto A1X for Sony cameras will deliver the same amazing light quality that the original light featured. The upgrades come to the performance, most appreciated is a new Li-Ion Battery Pack that is rated for 450 full-power flashes on a single charge—that’s 100 more than its predecessor. Also, it will recycle in just 1 second flat, has 20 wireless channels compared to 8, and the interface more closely resembles the B10.
It is also an effective remote flash that can be used individually or in a group with other light sources. All this is possible thanks to the built-in Air Remote system, which allows you to use the A1X as a synchronizer and control other light sources, such as other A1 and older models.
Profoto A1X for Sony Features
- Mount: Shoe
- Exposure Control: Manual, TTL
- Vari-Power: Auto: 1/256 to 1/1
- Zoom Head: Full Frame: 32 – 105 mm
- Recycle Time: Approx. 1 Seconds
- Flash Duration: 1/800 to 1/20000 sec
- Built-In AirTTL, Use On or Off Camera
- Upgraded Battery: 450 Full Power Flashes
- High-Speed Sync, LED Modeling Light
- 9-Stop Power Range, 76Ws Output
- Weighs 1.2 lb Including Battery
- Optional Wireless TTL with Air Remote
- Includes Bounce Card, Dome Diffuser
Profoto A1X for Sony has been priced at $1,095 and is now available to buy via the Bhphotovideo.com online store.