With the Nokia G60 5G at IFA 2022, HMD Global presents a mid-range smartphone that is not only supposed to be sustainable but above all durable. With a 50 MP triple camera and a 120 Hz fast 1080p+ display, the handset offers interesting equipment.
Despite owning a screen up to 6.58″ G60 5G is very light in the hand, and the reason behind it is that the handset has a completely plastic housing. Nokia says the back of the device uses 100 % recycled plastic while the frame is 60% recycled plastic, resulting in an eco-friendly and lightweight electronic device.
The front of the device is a 6.58-inch screen with an IPS panel and a waterdrop-shaped camera. Because it is a low-cost device, we can see that its chin is quite thick and does not have many requirements for this screen. In return, this screen has a refresh rate of up to 120Hz, more than the X30 5G.
The back case is made of plastic with small dot details on it.
The device has a three rear camera cluster, including a 50MP main lens, a 5MP ultra-wide lens, and a 2MP depth sensor. The camera cluster is also made of plastic and is not as beautiful as the X30 because this is an affordable phone.
Nokia says this plastic frame uses 60% recycled plastic, the SIM slot is located on the left side and in a position close to the top.
At the bottom of the G60 5G is a USB-C port, an external speaker, and a 3.5mm port for those who need to use headphones.
The right side has the power and volume buttons, the power button is made quite deep. It is flat against the side of the device, not protruding like the volume button.
In terms of software, the Nokia G60 5G still runs stock Android 12 with a three-year warranty on the hardware, three major Android updates, and at least three years of monthly security patches, the device should be able to be used for three years without any problems. To achieve an attractive price-performance ratio, HMD Global uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 5G, which has two powerful ARM Cortex-A78 cores with clock speeds of up to 2.2 GHz and six economical Cortex-A55 cores at 1.7 GHz.
The battery can be charged via USB-C with up to 20 watts, although HMD Global did not provide us with a complete data sheet in advance, and the capacity of the battery has not yet been confirmed. The specs of the ultra-wide-angle camera or the third camera are still unclear, but with AI features such as AI SuperPortrait for more beautiful selfies, Dark Vision for better pictures in low light, and the revised night mode 2.0, HMD Global promises decent image quality.
Nokia G60 price in UK, release date
The Nokia G60 5G is now available in the UK for a suggested retail price starting at £249.99 on Amazon.co.uk. The smartphone is available with 4 GB to 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB to 128 GB of flash memory in Pure Black and Ice Gray colors.
Nokia G60 specifications
- Display: 6.58-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) V-notch display Full HD+ LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, 400 nits (typ.) and 500 nits (peak) brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- CPU: Octa Core Snapdragon 695 8nm Mobile Platform (2.2GHz x 2+1.8GHz x 6 Kryo 560 CPUs)
- GPU: Adreno 619L GPU
- RAM & ROM: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.2) storage, 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Features: Dual SIM (nano + nano), Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- OS: Android 12
- Rear camera: 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 5MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.0 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture,
- Front camera: 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 4500mAh battery with 20W fast charging, QC2.0, PD3.0 support
- Dimensions: 165.99 x 75.93 x 8.61mm
- Weight: 190g