Meike introduced the 25mm T2.1 S35 cine lens, the fourth in a series of cine lenses for the Super35 Prime. The prime lens turned out to be quite massive: it weighs 910 g in the version for the PL mount and 940 g for the Canon EF.
The company calls compatible cameras RED Komodo, BMPCC6K, BMPCC6K Pro, Z CAM S6, Sony FS5II, and Canon C70. The Meike lens set for the S35 standard is now 25mm T2.1, 35mm T2.1, 50mm T2.1 and 75mm T2.1.
All Meike S35 cinema lenses cover a 33.6mm image circle. The focus and aperture rings have gears standard for this kind of lens with a pitch of 0.8 mm, and the minimum focusing distance is 35 cm, filters with a 77 mm thread can be used.
The optical design consists of 13 elements in 10 groups and has 9 aperture blades. Scale markings are provided in both feet and meters, it has a focus rotation of 270° allows for precision manual focus adjustment.
Price and availability
The Meike 25mm T2.1 S35 Prime lens costs $599.99 and is now available to pre-order on the Bhphotovideo.com and Amazon.com stores.
Meike 25mm T2.1 S35 specifications
- Focal Length: 25mm
- Lens Mount: Canon EF / ARRI PL
- Lens Format Coverage: Super35/APS-C
- Image Circle: 33.6 mm
- Maximum Aperture: T2.1
- Minimum Aperture: T22
- Diagonal Angle of View: Super35: 64.2°
- Horizontal Angle of View: Super35: 53.2°
- Minimum Focus Distance: From Unspecified Point in Lens: 13.8″ / 35 cm
- Optical Design: 13 Elements in 10 Groups
- Diaphragm Blades: 9
- Gear MOD & Pitch: Focus: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch; Iris: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch
- Front Diameter: 80 mm
- Filter Thread: 77 mm
- Focus Scales: Metric, Imperial
- Focus Rotation: 270°
- Image Stabilization: No
- Dimensions: Ø85.5 × 96.5 mm (PL), Ø85.5 × 104.5 mm (EF)
- Weight: 910 g (PL), 940 g (EF)