Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit is the latest of the many projects unveiled by Nintendo on the occasion of the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros, able to mix Augmented Reality with the world of Mario Kart Circuit, transforming their home into a circuit, where players can compete, thanks to special radio-controlled karts equipped with video cameras.
Two weeks after the announcement that revealed the availability scheduled for October 16, Amazon and BestBuy have recently listed the new New Mario Kart Live Circuit game, allowing us to know the launch price – around $99.99 – and the two sets dedicated to characters of Mario and Luigi.
Players will then be able to use a Nintendo Switch or Switch Lite console to compete with the remote-controlled mariokart contained in the package, creating their own personalized circuit in a room, through the 4 door markers and 2 corner signals available in the package. The operation of the game is very simple: the kart accelerates as if it was a toy car, while the video camera transmits images in real-time, and the player follows the action in the first person on the console screen.
Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit Features:
- Use your Nintendo Switch system to control a real-life Mario Kart
- Create a course in your home by placing gates and watch the race come to life on screen in augmented reality
- The kart will react as you boost, hit items, and drift around the course
- Unlock in-game environments, gates, costumes, and more as you play
- Up to 4 players can race around the house together (additional games, systems, and karts required; sold separately)
- Nintendo Switch Lite plays all games that support handheld mode.
MarioKart Live Home Circuit will be available in two sets, one dedicated to Mario, the other to his longtime brother Luigi, while inside each box the player will find four arcs, two curve signals, and a USB cable to recharge the car battery.