As part of the celebrations for the 40th anniversary of the Leica Oskar Barnack Awards, a product variant of the Leica M, the Leica M10-P Reporter reportage camera has been announced.
A reportage camera that is suitable for even the toughest conditions. The fact that Leica cameras have always been developed with the needs of press and reportage photographers in mind is proven by special legendary models: the Leica 250 from 1933, which had a film magazine for 250 photos, or the Leica MP from 1956, a variant of the Leica M3 with the Leicavit high-speed elevator, which goes back to suggestions by the well-known photographers Alfred Eisenstaedt (1898–1995) and David Douglas Duncan (1916–2018).
With its particularly scratch-resistant dark green paint and a sheath made of Kevlar fabric, the M10-P Reporter is a reminder of the particularly harsh operating conditions in which some of the most important photo documentation of our time were created.
The dark Kevlar trim of the Leica M10-P Reporter evolves over time under the influence of natural UV radiation in color to the paintwork on the top cap and base plate. The diamond texture makes the camera particularly easy to grip and lets it lie comfortably in the hand.
The relevant engravings on the Leica M10-P Reporter are laid out in light green and thus appear more subtle than the white usual for black camera housings. Technically, the camera is identical to the Leica M10-P series model.
Price and availability
The Leica M10-P Reporter is now available to pre-order from Bhphotovideo.com retailer for $8,795.
Leica M10-P Reporter Specifications
- Lens Mount: Leica M
- Camera Format: Full-Frame (1x Crop Factor)
- Sensor Resolution Effective: 24 Megapixel (5976 x 3992)
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2
- Sensor Type: CMOS
- Sensor Size: 24 x 36 mm
- Image File Format: DNG, JPEG
- Image Stabilization: None
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto, 100 to 50000
- Shutter Speed: 1/4000 to 8 Seconds, 1/4000 to 125 Seconds in Aperture Priority Mode, Bulb Mode
- Metering Method: Center-Weighted Average, Multi-Zone, Spot
- Exposure Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual
- Metering Range: -1 to 20 EV
- White Balance: Auto, Color Temperature, Manual
- Continuous Shooting: Up to 5 fps at 24 MP for up to 40 Frames (JPEG)
- Self-Timer: 2/12-Second Delay
- Focus Type: Manual Focus Only
- Viewfinder Type: Optical
- Viewfinder Magnification: Approx. 0.73x
- Display: Fixed 3.0-inch Touchscreen LCD with 1,036,800 Dot
- Built-In Flash: No
- Connectivity: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I), Wi-Fi
- Battery: 1 x BP-SCL5 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.4 VDC, 1300 mAh
- Dimensions: 139 x 80 x 38.5 mm
- Weight: 1.5 lb / 680 g (Body with Battery)