The MSI Optix MAG272CQP is a 27 inch gaming monitor with native WQHD resolution and 165Hz refresh rate. The curved monitor screen VA panel features 1ms response times (MPRT), 1500R curvature, and supports AMD FreeSync Premium. The Optix MAG272CQP also has a USB hub that includes a Type-C port with DisplayPort Alternate support.
According to the manufacturer, the new MSI gaming monitor is a 27 inch curved monitor that runs natively at WQHD (2560 x 1440) and up to a 165Hz refresh rate. The VA panel features 1500R curvature and supports a 100 x 100 mm VESA mount.
Additionally, MSI claims the Optix MAG272CQP has a 1ms response time (MPRT), 178° horizontal/vertical viewing angles, and 300 nit peak brightness. The curved monitor screen is said to have a 3,000:1 contrast ratio and supports FreeSync Premium, for reference. The Optix MAG272CQP can output content up to 165Hz via its two HDMI 2.0 ports or single DisplayPort 1.2 connection.
It’s unclear if the Optix MAG272CQP can run at 165Hz through its USB Type-C port, even though it supports DisplayPort Alternate. Besides, the monitor also has two USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-A ports and one USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-B port.
Price and availability
The new MSI curved monitor Optix MAG272CQP is available now on Amazon.com for $309.99.
MSI Optix MAG272CQP specifications
- Display: 27-inch Anti-glare VA Panel
- Resolution: 2560 x 1440 pixels (WQHD)
- Refresh rate: 165Hz
- Response time: 1ms(MPRT)
- Brightness: 300 nits
- Viewing angle: 178°(H)/178°(V)
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Curvature: 1500R
- Contrast ratio: 3000:1
- Active Display Area (MM): 596.736(H) x 335.664(V)
- Pixel pitch (H X V): 0.2331 (W) x 0. 2331 (H)
- Display colors: 1.07B
- DCR: 100000000:1
- Features: Kensington lock, FreeSync Premium, Frameless design
- Ports: 1x DP (1.2), 2x HDMI (2.0), 2x USB 3.2. Gen1 Type-A, 1x USB 3.2. Gen1 Type B, 1x Type C (DisplayPort Alternate), 1x Earphone out
- VESA mount: 100 x 100 mm
- Stand: Tilt (-5° ~ 20°), Height (130mm)
- Dimensions: 611.5 x 267 x 560 mm
- Weight: 6.7 kg / 9.8 kg
Recently, MSI has expanded its range of curved gaming monitor models with the announcement of the Optix G321CQP (approx. $360 on Adorama and Bhphotovideo) gaming monitor with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels (WQHD), a maximum refresh rate of 165 Hz, and has an extreme curvature of 1000 R.