AOC lists a new 34 inch curved monitor 165Hz called the AGON CU34G3S that measures 34 inches diagonally and has an extreme curvature of 1000 R. The curved computer monitor has a VA panel with a resolution of 3440 x 1440 pixels (UWQHD, 21: 9) and achieves a refresh rate of up to 165 Hz.
Further features are a 3000: 1 contrast ratio, 8-bit color depth, and 1 ms response time. The latter, however, is not very meaningful MPRT information (“Moving Picture Response Time”). The manufacturer advertises HDR10 support, which shouldn’t be particularly impressive due to the brightness of 300 cd/m².
The sRGB color space is covered to 99 percent, DCI-P3 to 90 percent. The datasheet also states a Delta-E value of less than 2 and FreeSync support (probably Premium) against tearing. Two internal 5-watt loudspeakers are available as optional sound generators.
The 34 inch monitor’s range of interfaces includes two HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.4 inputs, a USB 3.2 hub (Gen 1) with four downstream connections, and a headphone output. Full 165 Hz with UWQHD resolution can only be achieved via DisplayPort, while only up to 100 Hz is available via HDMI. The ergonomic features include inclination, rotation, height adjustment, VESA mounting (100 x 100 mm), blue light filtering, and flicker-free technology.
Price and availability
The AOC AGON CU34G3S 34 inch curved monitor has been priced at £539.99 and is already available to buy via the Amazon.co.uk online e-shop.
Updated on August 2, 2022: This AOC CU34G3S curved gaming monitor is now listed on the Amazon.com store at $429.99.
AOC AGON CU34G3S specifications
- Display: 34-inch Curved VA panel, Antiglare, 3H hardness,
- Curvature radius: 1000R
- Pixel pitch: 0.23175
- Resolution: (WQHD) 3440×1440 pixels
- Aspect ratio: 21:9
- Brightness: 300 cd/m² (typ.)
- Refresh rate: 165Hz
- Response time: 4 ms (GTG) / 1ms (MPRT)
- Static contrast ratio: 3000:1
- Dynamic contrast ratio: 80M:1
- Viewing angle: (CR10) 178/178
- Display colors: 16.7 Million
- Features: Freesync Premium Pro, Flicker-free, Low Blue Light, 3-sided frameless design, PBP, PIP, Removable stand, Kensington lock, Gaming Style (MMORPG, RTS, Racing), Game modes (RTS, FPS, Racing, Gamer 1, Gamer 2, Off)
- Audio: 5 W x 2 speakers
- VESA mounting: 100 x 100 mm
- Stand: TILT -5/21.5, HEIGHT 130mm, SWIVEL -30/30
- Connectivity: HDMI 2.0 x 2, DisplayPort 1.4 x 2, USB-C 3.2 x 4 HUB, Headphone out (3.5mm)
- Dimensions: 794.8(W x 402~532（H) x 339.5(D) mm (with stand)
- Weight: 8.25 kg (with stand)
Along with this monitor 165hz, AOC also made available the Agon AG493QCX ultrawide monitor has a 49-inch VA panel with a resolution of 3840 x 1080 pixels (32: 9), a refresh rate of up to 144 Hz, 1800-R curvature, DisplayHDR-400 certification, and is priced at £729.99.