Lenovo has unveiled its 240Hz FHD 24.5-inch monitor catered specifically for PC gamers—the Legion R25f-30. This monitor, sporting a VA panel, boasts Full HD resolution at 1920 x 1080 pixels, an impressive maximum refresh rate of 280 Hz, and HDR10 support. However, the HDR performance might be less compelling due to its modest peak brightness of 380 cd/m².
According to the datasheet, this new 240Hz FHD monitor offers an 8-bit color depth, lightning-fast 1 ms gray-to-gray response time, 99 percent sRGB coverage, 90 percent DCI-P3 coverage, and a contrast ratio of 3000:1. Additionally, it incorporates FreeSync premium technology to combat screen tearing and comes equipped with two internal 3-watt speakers.
In terms of connectivity, the monitor provides users with two HDMI 2.1 inputs, a DisplayPort 1.4, and a headphone output. It is worth noting that the monitor’s compatibility with Xbox is highlighted separately, indicating potential support for features like ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) and VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) through HDMI 2.1.
Ergonomically, the Legion R25f-30 leaves little to be desired, offering a wide range of adjustments including tilt, rotation, height adjustment, pivot, and VESA mount compatibility (100 x 100 mm). Additionally, it features blue light filtering and flicker-free backlighting, enhancing the user experience.
The Lenovo Legion R25f-30, weighing 3.6 kg without the stand, measures 557.3 x 329.1 x 50.5 mm (W x H x D) and consumes between 19 to 28 watts. Lenovo stands behind this monitor with a comprehensive three-year warranty.
Price and availability
Currently, the Lenovo Legion R25f-30, the best 1080p 240Hz monitor, is available for purchase on Amazon.co.uk at £197.88.
Lenovo R25f-30 specifications
- Display: 24.5-inch VA panel, Anti-glare
- Max View Area: 543.7 x 302.6 mm
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (FHD)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Pixel Pitch: 0.283 x 0.280 mm
- Dot / Pixel Per Incc: 90 dpi
- Brightness: 380 cd/m² (Peak) / 350 cd/m² (Typical)
- Contrast Ratio: 3000:1
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 3M:1
- View Angle (H / V): 178°, 178°
- Response Time: 0.5 ms (MPRT)
- Refresh Rate: 240Hz (Overclock to 280Hz)
- Color Gamut: 117% sRGB / 90% DCI-P3
- Color Support: 16.7 Million
- Color Depth: 8-bit
- Features: 3-side NearEdgeless, HDR10, Gaming Console Support, Natural Low Blue Light, Lenovo Artery, AMD FreeSync Premium, ThinkCentre M Series, Cable Management, Kensington lock, Eyesafe Certified 2.0, Eye Comfort Certification
- Audio: 2x 3W Speakers
- Ports: 2x HDMI 2.1, 1x DisplayPort 1.4, 1x audio-out (3.5mm)
- VESA mount: 100 x 100 mm
- Stand: Tilt (-5° to +22°), Swivel (30°), Pivot (-90° to +90°), Heifgt adj. (135mm)
- Dimensions: 557.3 x 258.8 x 499.2mm (with stand)
- Weight: 5.5 kg / 12.1 lbs (with stand)
In addition to this gaming-focused offering, Lenovo has also introduced a new addition to its business monitor lineup—the ThinkVision P49w-30. This impressive monitor boasts an expansive 49-inch display with DQHD resolution (5120 x 1440 pixels) and an ultra-wide 32:9 aspect ratio. Priced at £1,924.39, it offers a premium display experience for professionals and businesses alike.