Targeting professional still photographers and videographers, Panasonic on Wednesday launched its new mirrorless camera Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 that can capture high-speed 20fps images. It comes with the same 20.3-megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor as the GH5, and also added 80-megapixel equivalent images in JPEG /RAW formats. The Panasonic G9 body is priced at $1,699.99 and the Battery Grip will be available for $349.99, the company said.
There is also 6K photo feature makes it possible to capture moments at 30fps by extracting the frame with the best timing out of the 6K burst file (in 4:3 or 3:2 aspect) to save as an approximately 18-megapixel equivalent high-resolution photo.
According to Panasonic, the Lumix G9 is capable of recording smooth, high precision UHD 4K 60fps video recording with a maximum bitrate of 150Mbps and slo-mo video at up to 60fps in 4K and 180fps at FHD.
For connectivity, it includes Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity to offer a more flexible shooting experience and instant image sharing with easy operation.
The Panasonic Lumix G9 features a 20.3-megapixel digital live MOS sensor without a low-pass filter which combines with the new Venus Engine 10, achieving great picture quality in resolution, color reproduction, and noise reduction.
The Venus Engine 10 further empowers DFD (depth from defocus) technology, making it capable of ultra-high-speed digital signal processing at a maximum of 480fps. The focus areas are increased from 49 to 225 areas on the Panasonic G9 in addition to the conventional face/ eye recognition resulting in more precise focusing.
The company also unveiled the new Battery Grip called DMW-BGG9 specially designed for Lumix G9. It can extend the battery life for longer shooting time and also makes handling more comfortable even in vertical angle shooting. The DMW-BGG9 also provides intuitive operation with a joystick which perfectly matches the camera, boasting a rugged, splash-proof, dustproof and freezeproof design.
Panasonic G9 Specifications
- Dimensions of 137 x 97 x 92 mm
- Weight of 658g
- Touch Screen TFT-LCD Flip Display of 3 inches
- 20 megapixels Four Thirds CMOS Sensor
- Maximum resolution of 5184 x 3888 pixels
- Venus Engine 10
- Auto ISO 200-25600 (expands to 100-25600)
- UHD 4K recording 3840 x 2160 @ 60p / FHD recording 1920×1020 pixels @ 60 fps
- Autofocus 225 points
- Viewfinder coverage of 100%
- Shutter speed – Min. 60 sec. Max. 1/8000 sec
- Continuous Shooting Speed – 20.0 fps
- Connectivity of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Micro-USB 3.0, Microphone port, mini HDMI port, Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC slots
- DMW-BTC13 Battery up to 400 shots