Along with the NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S Lens, Nikon also introduces the AF-S 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR professional telephoto zoom lens with a high aperture in front with a focal length range from 120 to 300 mm. The lens is designed for digital SLR cameras, the imaging performance of which is comparable to that of fixed focal length lenses, according to Nikon.
Whether at indoor sports events or outdoors in low light: the Nikon AF-S 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR lens is characterized by high resolution, fast autofocus, and a long-awaited focal length range. DSLR photographers no longer need a fixed focal length for bright 300 mm. Ready for professional use, the lens is sealed to resist the elements and is engineered for maximum usability, even when handheld.
With Nikon’s reliable weather-sealed construction, the NIKKOR 120-300mm f/2.8 is equipped to handle any shooting scenario whether on the sidelines or in the wilderness. Users will appreciate the constant f/2.8 aperture which offers incredible low-light capability and depth of field that draws emphasis to a subject.
The combination of the new SR glass from Nikon and the ED glass reduces color errors and thus ensures the outstanding imaging performance of this high-quality telephoto zoom. The zoom ring, focus function buttons, tripod collar ring, and controls are all designed to ensure superior operability for more comfortable shooting.
Nikon AF-S 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR Lens Features
• Professional telephoto zoom lens for the F-mount: Large focal length range from 120 to 300 mm with a continuous light intensity of 1:2.8.
• Precise AF: According to Nikon, the performance corresponds to that of a fixed focal length lens and is ideal for subjects in motion. An electromagnetic iris control enables high exposure consistency even at high frame rates.
• Optical construction with 25 elements in 19 groups, with Nikon ED and SR glass as well as ARNEO and nano crystal coating. Color errors, coma, ghosting, and stray light are clearly minimized.
• Reliable image stabilizer: Nikon’s image stabilizer (VR) enables exposure times that are up to four light levels higher, even when used with a Nikon teleconverter.
• Proven ergonomics from Nikon: programmable function keys, smooth switching between landscape and portrait format and many other functions.
• Integrated tripod base: points to the front of the lens and thus ensures optimum balance and easy transport.
• Robust construction: With its solid construction and extensive sealing, this lens is ready for any weather.
Price and Availability
Nikon AF-S 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR Lens has been priced at $9,499.95, is listed on the Bhphotovideo.com store and is expected to be available in February 2020.