Along with the ZenFone 3 Zoom, ASUS also announced the previously leaked the ZenFone AR smartphone at the CES 2017 event in Las Vegas. The Asus ZenFone AR is the world’s first Tango-enabled and Daydream VR-ready smartphone as recent leak, making it an AR / VR focused handset.
The ZenFone AR is also claimed to be a world’s first smartphone with 8GB of RAM though the company added that there will be different SKUs with lower RAM models as well, including a 6GB of RAM variant.
Based on Android version 7.0 Nougat, ZenFone AR integrates a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor that combined a new vapour cooling system to avoid overheating. Display is AMOLED with a 5.7 inch size and QHD (1440 x 2560 pixels) resolution to provide sharp and clear VR experience.
(Also see Asus Zenfone Zoom ZX551ML 64GB)
On the camera front, the Asus ZenFone AR sports a 23-megapixel Sony IMX318 camera sensor with TriTech+ autofocus system, dual-PDAF, second-gen Laser Focus, and continuous-focus. The rear camera supports 4-axis optical image stabilisation (OIS) as well as 3-axis electronic image stabilisation (EIS ) for video recording alongside support for 4K video recording at 30 fps quite similar to the Asus ZenFone 3 Zoom.
The ZenFone AR is Tango smartphone which designed around machine vision with a camera and sensor setup that provides motion tracking, depth perception, and area learning. The handset also comes with a front fingerprint sensor which embedded in the home button.
The company at the event also confirmed that they will have exclusive Asus ZenUI VR 360 degree app support on PhotoCollage, Gallery, and ZenCircle apps. The device will be available in the Q2 of this year with the company to announce prices near to market launch.
Asus ZenFone AR Specifications
- Dimensions of 158.67 x 77.7 x 4.6 ~ 8.95 mm
- Weight of 170g
- Super AMOLED Display of 5.7 inches with Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels
- Rear Camera of 23 mega pixels, f/2.0 aperture, 6P Largan lens
- Front Camera of 8 mega pixels, f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide angle lens
- Android 7.0 Naugat with ZenUI 3.0
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 Processor
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 8GB / 6GB of RAM
- Internal memory of 32GB / 64GB / 128GB / 256GB
- Connectivity of 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, A-GPS, NFC, Bluetooth,
- Battery capacity of 3300mAh, Quick Charge 3.0, 60% charging in 39 minutes