Two very reliable Nokishita and Digicame-info Japanese sources have published the first unofficial images of a new Canon mirrorless camera. The new model is called the Canon M6, and comes with a two colors, Black and Black with Silver.
New Canon EOS M6, unlike the M5, it doesn’t feature an EVF. Instead, Canon is releasing a new removable EVF that has also leaked for your peeping pleasure. There are available photos of the Canon EVF DC-2, an optional electronic viewfinder will be available in two colors to match the new M6 finish.
The specification information are not available at this time. As per images, we can see that there is a front fold-able screen (useful for those who create VLOG). The Canon M6 should come to market with two different kits including EF-M15-45mm and EF-M18-150mm lens kit.
The Canon M6 release date is unknown, but will be announced very soon. There would not be surprised if Canon would show the M6 at CP + 2017, in Japan scheduled from 23 to 26 February.
Canon M6 Specifications
- Number of effective pixels: approximately 24.2 million pixels
- Video engine: DIGIC 7
- AF points: 49 points
- Continuous shooting: 7 frames / sec (at the time of AF fixed: 9 frames / sec.)
- Sensitivity: 100-25600
- Shutter speed: 1 / 4,000 to 30 seconds, bulb, Flash sync 1/200 sec
- Video: full HD, HD, VGA
- LCD: 3.0-inch tilt-type touch panel
- Size: 112.0 × 68.0 × 44.5Mm
- Recording medium: SD / SDHC / SDXC card
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth built-in
- Color: Black Silver
- Kit: body · EF-M15-45mm kit · EF-M18-150mm kit
- Remote controller BR-E1
Canon EF-S 18-55mm F4-5.6 IS STM specifications
- EF-S18-55 mm F4-5.6 IS STM
- Lens configuration: 10 groups 12 sheets
- Shortest shooting distance: 0.25 m
- Filter diameter: 58 mm
- Size: 66.5 x 61.8 mm
- Weight: 215 g