Amazon officially announces Blink Mini home camera surveillance systems, the new Alexa-compatible indoor Blink camera system is small and discreet, made in collaboration with the homonymous company acquired in February 2018.
The Blink for home product is already available to pre-order on Amazon.com for $34.99 and will be released on April 15, 2020. These new blink security cameras allow you to control any interior environment of your home, through your smartphone, supporting 1080p video shooting, motion detection, and two-way audio.
Blink Mini Features:
- Record and view in 1080p HD video during the day and with infrared HD night vision after dark
- Field of view up to 110 degrees
- CPU: Immedia Proprietary – AC1002B, 4 cores / 200 MHz
- Compatible with Wi-Fi networks that use the 802.11g / n 2.4 Ghz standard
- Power supply via 2-meter Micro-USB cable with adapter
- Dimensions: 50 x 49 x 36mm
- Weight: 48 grams
- Loudspeaker output, two-way audio recording
- Compatible with Alexa and Blink Home Monitor app available for Android, iOS and Fire OS 5.1
In combination with Blink Mini security cameras for home, the user will also receive a free trial of the Blink Subscription Plan – valid until March 31, 2021 – which allows you to record and save all videos in the cloud and view them directly from the Blink camera app. At the end of the trial period, the registration fee for the home camera surveillance systems will require $3 per month for each camera or $10 per month for a maximum of 10 cameras.
As for local storage, Amazon introduced Blink Sync Module 2: the device allows you to record and store videos locally in the home and view them from up to 10 Blink cameras, directly via the app, without a monthly fee.
The additional module is sold at a price of $34.99 and must be completed with a USB flash drive which will have to be purchased separately. The product is already listed in the Amazon.com e-commerce, but without indicating the release date.