Earlier this year ViewSonic unveiled a slew of new gaming screens, including the XG341C-2K. Actually scheduled for launch in the US market in the first quarter of 2022, the release of the novelty still has a long time to come. But recently there has been the official US product page and a few online retailer listings laid out more significant data on the feature-rich 34-inch HDMI 2.1 gaming monitor.
The VA panel used has a resolution of 3440 x 1440 pixels (UWQHD, 21:9) at a refresh rate of up to 200 Hz, is DisplayHDR 1400 certified, and comes with a 1500 R curvature. The backlight is powered by Quantum Dot technology and 1152 mini LED zones. The contrast ratio is 3000:1 (static) or 120,000,000:1 (dynamic), the color depth is 8 bits, the peak brightness is 1400 cd/m², and the power consumption (depending on the operating mode) is 45 to 60 watts.
FreeSync Premium Pro is included as an anti-tearing measure – so it also works in games with active HDR. A mode against motion blur (PureXP) is also available, but cannot be used in combination with FreeSync. According to the datasheet, 99 percent of the sRGB color space is covered, DCI-P3 97 percent.
The manufacturer is silent about the gray change and only mentions a meaningless MPRT specification (“Moving Picture Response Time”) of 1 ms. If you want, you can use two integrated 5-watt speakers. The interface selection includes two HDMI 2.1 inputs, a DisplayPort 1.4, a USB 3.2 hub, a headphone output, and USB-C with DisplayPort alternate mode and a 90-watt power supply.
In terms of ergonomics, hardly any wishes remain unfulfilled with rotation, tilt, height adjustment, VESA mount (100 x 100 mm), blue light filtering, and flicker-free backlight. The ViewSonic Elite XG341C-2K Mini LED monitor weighs 8.5 kg without the stand and has both a mouse bungee and a headphone hook.
Price and release date
Updated on October 27, 2022: Viewsonic XG341C-2K curved gaming LED monitor is now available to pre-order in the UK via Amazon.co.uk at £2,952 and will be released on October 31, 2022.
Updated on November 1, 2022: Viewsonic XG341C-2K curved gaming HDMI 2.1 monitor is now also listed on Amazon.com at $1,509.99.
ViewSonic XG341C-2K specifications
- Display: 34-inch mini LED VA panel, Anti-Glare, Hard Coating (3H)
- Resolution: 3440 x 1440 pixels (UQHD)
- Static Contrast Ratio: 3,000:1 (typ)
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 120M:1
- Brightness: 720; 1400 (w/ HDR+local dimming Peak (Min))
- Colors: 16.7M
- Color Space Support: 8-bit true
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Response Time (MPRT): 1ms
- Viewing Angles: 178º horizontal, 178º vertical
- Curvature: 1500R
- Refresh Rate: 200Hz
- Color Gamut: DCI-P3: 97% coverage (Typ)
- NTSC: 99% size (Typ)
- sRGB: 140% size / 99% coverage (Typ)
- Pixel Size: 0.232 mm (H) x 0.232 mm (V)
- Features: AMD FreeSync Premium Pro, Blue Light Filter, Flicker-Free, DisplayHDR 1400, PureXP blur reduction, KVM, Kensington Lock Slot
- Ports: 3x USB 3.2 Type A Down Stream, 1x USB 3.2 Type B Up Stream, USB 3.2 Type C Up Stream, 1x DisplayPort Alt mode, 1x 3.5mm Audio Out, 2x HDMI 2.1, 1x DisplayPort
- Audio: 2x 5W speakers
- VESA mount: 100 x 100 mm
- Stand: Height Adjust (120 mm), Swivel (50º), Tilt (-5º / 23º)
- Dimensions: 807 x 481.11~601.11 x 384 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 25 lbs / 11.4 kg (with stand)
Recently, ViewSonic also introduced a professional monitor – ColorPro VP2786-4K with Fogra certification. The 4K HDR monitor received 100% of the Adobe RGB color space coverage. It is also optimized to work with the ColorPro Sense software and is priced at $999.99.