The Optix MAG342CQRV MSI curved monitor for gaming has been added to MSI’s portfolio. It is based on a 34-inch concave VA panel with a resolution of 3440 x 1440 pixels. The ultra wide monitor supports adaptive sync and the maximum refresh rate is 100 Hz.
The MSI curved monitor screen has a static contrast ratio of 3000:1, a response time of 1ms, and 178° viewing angles. The coverage of the DCI-P3 color space is declared equal to 89.48%, the sRGB color space – 112.2%. The stand attachment point is decorated with full-color ring-shaped lighting.
The backlight is compatible with the proprietary Mystic Light sync system.
Using the bundled Gaming OSD App 2.0 software, you can change settings and even link them to a specific game. So they will be automatically applied when it starts. In particular, you can activate the “night vision” function, which increases the visibility of objects in dark areas of the frame. In addition, the settings can be changed using hotkeys without leaving the game.
The stand is designed with 90mm height adjustment, -5 ° to 20 ° tilt angle, and ± 30 ° swivel angle. The WQHD monitor is equipped with one HDMI 1.4 input, one HDMI 2.0 input, and one Display Port 1.2 input. In addition, there is a headphone output.
Price and availability
MSI Optix MAG342CQRV Features
- Curved Gaming display (1500R) – The best gameplay immersion.
- Mystic Light – The ultimate gaming finish.
- UWQHD High Resolution – Game titles will even look better, displaying more details due to the UWQHD resolution.
- 100Hz Refresh Rate – Real smooth gaming.
- 1ms response time – eliminate screen tearing and choppy frame rates.
- Night Vision: See every detail clearly in the dark, helping you find and attack enemies before they notice.
- AMD Adaptive-Sync Technology – Tear free, stutter free, fluid gaming.
- Anti-Flicker and Less Blue Light – game even longer and prevent eye strain and fatique.
- Frameless design – Ultimate gameplay experience.
- 178° wide view angle.
Last week, LG has introduced a new gaming monitor named 27GN800-B with a 27-inch screen, 2560 x 1440 pixels – QHD resolution, 144 Hz refresh rate, 1ms response time, G-Sync from NVIDIA, and FreeSync 2 from AMD being supported.