Miller has announced its new Arrowx 1 Fluid Head, which is part of the Arrowx series tripod system. Arrowx 1 is a 100 mm tripod with an entry-level fluid head and a load capacity of 16 kg with the ability to shoot panoramas. In addition, the new device already has a movable slider in the kit, which should be appreciated by videographers.
The head is easy to remove, allowing you to use other Miller heads. It should be a great choice for aspiring emerging shooters to own a truly professional fluid head. Enabling them to achieve their career goals which will serve them well for many years to come.
A key feature of the Arrowx series is Miller’s patented 16 CB Plus technology – a unique sequential counterbalance design resulting in accurate and rapid setup. With a payload range of 0-16.0kg (0-35.3lbs) and 5 selectable fluid drag positions + 0, delivers the flexibility, speed of set up and accuracy of shot, professionals expect, and demand.
The CB Plus is an innovative sequential counterbalance design, taking traditional counter balancing a step forward, resulting in repeatable, accurate, and rapid setup. CB Plus features eight larger counterbalance steps, allowing the user to get to their required counterbalance position quickly and efficiently. The CB Plus one flick” switch conveniently located at the front of the head, adds a half step between each of the eight larger steps enabling counterbalance fine-tuning when required.
Arrowx 1 Fluid Head Features
- Wide payload range 0-16.0kg (0-35.3lbs).
- 5 selectable drag positions (pan and tilt) + 0.
- 16 selectable counterbalance positions, with CB PlusTM for precise counterbalance (15 + 0).
- Quick-release, 120mm sliding camera platform with standard camera plate (euro).
- Fluid drag system with a smooth start and soft stop technology & balanced diagonal transitions.
- Controls “all in one location” design for fast, easy, and practical use.
- Illuminated bubble level and pan-tilt drag controls.
- Precise floating pan-tilt calliper locks ensure bounce free on-off performance.
- Removable ball level stud for flat base mounting (sliders) with 3/8” screw hole.
- Mitchell base adaptable.
- Robust construction for rugged outdoor shooting conditions.
- Optional second pan handle mount.
- Side mounting points for viewfinders and accessories.
- Three-year warranty.
Price and availability
Arrowx 1 Fluid Head price starts from $2,825 and it can be pre-ordered through the Bhphotovideo.com store.
Earlier we had a 504X Fluid Video Head from Manfrotto, has compact dimensions, lightweight, and a flat base for the versatility of use.