Korg releases the SQ-64, a polyphonic step sequencer with three polyphonic music melody tracks, a monophonic drum track with 16 sub-tracks, and many connections for universal use.
In addition to the SQ-1 midi sequencer, which has been available for five years. Korg is now placing the SQ-64, which is extensively equipped with an eight-way polyphonic step sequencer with many control elements, in-depth editing functions, and connections in MIDI, USB-MIDI, CV, and sync turns out, making the sequencer a universal use to control MIDI sound generators, Eurorack modular systems and software instruments at the same time.
The Korg SQ-64, which is housed in an aluminum case, offers three polyphonic music melody tracks, each with its CV outputs for a gate, pitch, and modulation, as well as a monophonic drum track with 16 sub-tracks and eight separate trigger outputs. Each melody track has 16 patterns with 64 steps each, which are animated using the internal arpeggiator.
Sequences can be programmed in different modes using the device’s 64-pad matrix, the illuminated pads of which provide visual feedback via brightness on the respective modulation intensity of the individual steps. The real-time manipulation of sequences is carried out using rotary controls and permanently assigned function keys, with the built-in OLED display providing information about the parameters currently being used. Your complete projects can be saved using 64 available storage spaces.
The SQ-64 is supplied with power either via USB or an optionally available 9V power supply. The package of the step sequencer also includes a download code for an extensive and free software bundle which, in addition to Korg software instruments, also include other software such as iZotope “Ozone Elements” “Reason Lite” -DAW software and the learning software “Skoove”
Korg SQ-64 Features:
- Polyphonic step sequencer (4 tracks)
- Universal control of analog or digital synthesizers, modular systems. and software instruments
- 3 eight-fold polyphonic melody tracks, 1 drum track with 16 monophonic sub-tracks
- 64-key matrix with illuminated buttons
- CV outputs for pitch, gate, and modulation per melody track
- 8 individual trigger outputs for the drum track
- MIDI (1 x IN / 2 x OUT), USB-MIDI
- Analog sync IN & OUT
- OLED display
- Aluminum casing
- 3 editing modes per melody track: gate, pitch, modulation
- 3 keyboard modes for the step buttons: Keys, Isomorphic, Octaves
- 4 alternative playback modes per track: Reverse, Bounce, Random, Stochastic
- Integrated arpeggiator
- 64 storage spaces for complete projects
- Tempo: 30 to 300 bpm
- Power supply via USB or optional 9V power supply
- Including software bundle (KORG software instruments, Reason Lite, Ozone Elements, Skoove)
Price and availability
Korg SQ-64 Polyphonic step sequencer has been priced at $299.99, and it is now available to pre-order on the Bhphotovideo.com store.