General Mobile GM8 2018 has been officially announced at MWC 2018. New GM8 Go smartphone now equipped with Android One operating system that is also proposed in the variant with Android Oreo (Go Edition), the Google software optimized for devices that integrate 1GB of RAM.
The latter offers a series of apps and features designed ad hoc, including Google Assistant for Android Oreo (Go Edition), Google Go and a particular version of the Play Store that allows you to download all the available apps providing greater visibility to those developed for the Go Edition platform.
The General Mobile GM8 Go is certainly the key development as it finally brings Google’s Android Go project to its reality. The smartphone will include apps such as Google Go, Files Go, Google Maps Go, YouTube Go, and Gmail Go in addition to some performance optimizations to Chrome, Google Play, and Gboard. Similarly, there is Google Assistant Go to deliver a voice-activated Google integration.
The presence of Android Oreo (Go Edition) optimizes major software-based features to offer an enhanced storage space for personal content.
GM8 2018 Specifications
- Dimensions of 154.2 x 72.7 x 7.96mm
- Weight of 152g
- Incell LCD Display of 5.7 inches with Corning Gorilla Glass
- Resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels
- Rear Camera of 13 mega pixels with f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera of 13 mega pixels with f/2.0 aperture
- Android 8.0 Oreo operating system
- 1.4 GHz octa-core Processor
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 (MSM8940) Chip
- 3GB/4GB of RAM
- Internal memory of 32GB/64GB
- Expandable memory up to 128GB
- Fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity of 4G VoLTE, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, A-GPS, Bluetooth 4.2, Micro-USB 2.0
- Battery capacity of 3075mAh
The GM8 2018 is available for purchase in Gold and Space Gray color options, priced at EUR 214 – approximately $261. There are currently no further information and details regarding the Android Oreo (Go Edition) variant.