Asus introduces the ROG Swift Pro PG248QP, a high-speed gaming monitor tailored exclusively for uncompromising players. This monitor demands a Nvidia graphics card to unleash its full potential.
Initially announced by Asus earlier this year, the ROG Swift Pro PG248QP now reveals its specifications on the product page. True to its focus, the monitor prioritizes an exceptionally high refresh rate over other features, resulting in a relatively lower resolution. Unlike typical gaming models with a resolution of 2,560 x 1,440 pixels, this 24.1-inch monitor adheres to the Full HD standard, offering 1,920 x 1,080 pixels.
Powered by a TN panel, the monitor supports a maximum refresh rate of 540 Hz, achievable through overclocking. Its impressive gray-to-gray response time is a mere 0.2 milliseconds. Nvidia G-Sync facilitates synchronization between the graphics card’s output and the monitor’s display. Additionally, the Nvidia Reflex Analyzer allows precise measurements of system latency.
The monitor boasts 125 percent coverage of the sRGB color space and achieves color accuracy with a Delta E of less than 2. It comes calibrated and is suitable for tasks like video and image editing. With a maximum brightness of 400 cd/m², it adheres to the VESA DisplayHDR 400 standard. Furthermore, it offers versatile mounting options, including support for wall mounts.
The Asus 540Hz monitor is fully adjustable, offering height, rotation, and tilt adjustments. It features customizable lighting through Aura Sync. HDMI and DisplayPort connectivity are supported, although HDMI is limited to a refresh rate of 255 Hz. Additionally, it includes a USB hub with two USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports.
Price and release date
Available for pre-order at $979 on Amazon.com, the Asus PG248QP is set to be released on December 30, 2023.
|ASUS ROG Swift Pro PG248QP NVIDIA G-SYNC esports gaming monitor -24.1-inch FHD, 540 Hz (OC),...||$899.00||Buy on Amazon|
Asus PG248QP specifications
- Display: 24.1-inch E-TN panel, Non-Glare
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Color Space: 125% (sRGB)
- Resolution: 1920×1080 (FHD)
- Display Viewing Area (HxV): 535.68 x 298.08 mm
- Pixel Pitch: 0.277mm
- Brightness: 400cd/㎡
- Contrast Ratio (Typ.): 1000:1
- Viewing Angle (CR≧10): 170°/ 160°
- Response Time: 0.2ms (GTG)
- Refresh Rate: 540Hz (max)
- Display Colors: 16.7M
- Features: NVIDIA Reflex Analyzer, ULMB 2, ESS codec, DisplayHDR 400, Flicker free, HDR10, Color Accuracy (△E< 2), GamePlus, Low Blue Light, HDCP 2.2, Game Visual, G-SYNC, Aura Sync Lighting effect, Adjustable Base with Retractable Claws, Kensington Lock
- Ports: DisplayPort 1.4 DSC x 1, HDMI (v2.0) x 2, Earphone jack, 2x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A
- Stand: Tilt (+20° ~ -5°), Swivel (+30° ~ -30°), Height Adj. (0~110mm)
- VESA Mount: 100 x 100 mm
- Dimensions: 55.7 x (39.2~50.2) x 25.5 cm (with stand)
- Weight: 7.5 kg / 16.53 lbs (with stand)
In addition to this, Asus is unveiling the latest addition to its TUF gaming series, the VG249QL3A. This model, priced at $189, stands out as the ultimate 1080p FreeSync monitor for PC gamers. Equipped with an IPS panel, it offers Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels) at an impressive 180 Hz, making it a lightweight option at 3.4 kg (without the stand).