Viltrox has released new firmware updates for Fujifilm X-mount lenses with autofocus: Viltrox 33mm f1.4 AF and 23mm f1.4 AF.
Both Viltrox lenses received the following improvements:
- Solved the problem of the unreasonable jump to A mode at f 1.4
- Optimized the problem of inaccurate position at infinity, resulting in a blurring of autofocus at long distance
- Solved the problem of not being recognized on X-T100, and prevented flashing screen after booting on some camera models
- Optimized the waiting time after releasing the shutter on X-T20
- Optimized the problem of displaying errors on EXIF
You can download the latest firmware HERE.
The Viltrox 33mm f1.4 AF lens comes with the flexible wide-angle focal length pairs with the bright f/1.4 maximum aperture to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions and also enables enhanced control over depth of field for isolating subject matter using selective focus techniques.
The optical design incorporates 10 elements in 9 groups, one extra-low dispersion elements, minimum focusing distance is 0.4 m and Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
The Viltrox 33mm f/1.4 lens for Fujifilm X-Mount has been priced at $279 and is available to buy through the Bhphotovideo.com store.
The Viltrox 23mm f1.4 AF, on the other hand, featuring sleek and versatile design, it is a 35mm-equivalent wide-angle prime lens designed for Fuji X-mount mirrorless cameras.
The optical design incorporates a pair of extra-low dispersion elements and a pair of high refractive index elements. An HD Nano multi-layer coating has also been applied to reduce flare and ghosting for greater contrast in bright and backlit conditions.
The Viltrox 23mm f/1.4 lens for Fujifilm X-Mount has been priced at $329 and is now available to pre-order via the Bhphotovideo.com store and will be delivered from May 26, 2020.
Viltrox has now also made available its new AF portrait lens: Viltrox AF 85mm F1.8 FE II for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. Its weight is only 484g and priced at $399.