Sharp AQUOS Zero is the new smartphone of the Japanese company has been launched in Taiwan in the last hours and defined as “the lightest 6-inch smartphone in the world”.
As explained by Sharp, this result was made possible by using a magnesium and aramid fiber alloy to make the body. In this way, the device has a weight of only 146 grams.
The hardware features of the Sharp AQUOS Zero include a 6.2-inch OLED display with a WQHD+ resolution (DCI-P3 color range and HDR Dolby Vision technology), Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC, 6GB of RAM and 128GB of non-expandable internal storage.
On the camera front, it has a single 22.6MP (f/1.9) rear camera and a single 8MP front camera. The battery capacity is 3130mAh while the operating system is Android 9.0 Pie. It is also the IP68 certified handset against water and dust.
Sharp AQUOS Zero Specifications
- Sharp OLED Display of 6.2-inches with Notch
- Resolution of 2992×1440 pixels
- Rear Camera of 22.6MP, f/1.9 aperture, 22mm wide-angle lens
- Front Camera of 8MP, f/2.2 aperture
- Android 9.0 Pie operating system
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Chip
- 6GB of RAM
- Internal memory of 128GB
- Expandable memory No
- Connectivity of 4G (LTE Cat 15 / 3CA.) LTE FDD: 700 (B28) / 900 (B8) / 1800 (B3) / 2100 (B1) / 2600 (B7) LTE TDD: 2.600 (B38) WCDMA: 900 / – IEEE 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac WiFi (2.4 / 5GHz)
- Battery capacity of 3130mAh
- Dual SIM
- IP68 certification
The Sharp AQUOS Zero will be available for purchase in Taiwan from next January 15 in only the Meteorite Black color, priced at TWD 19.990 approximately $648 at the current exchange rate. It is not yet known if the company will distribute the smartphone in the US market.