Raspberry Pi 3 has added a new version of the B+ model, upgrading a lot of things compared to Model B was launched back in 2016.
Specifically, the CPU clock from 1.2GHz to 1.4GHz, Bluetooth 4.1 to 4.2, Wi-Fi ac uses 5 GHz and upgrades Gigabit Ethernet from 100 Mbps to 300 Mbps. The Raspberry Pi 3 B+ price is $35 from its official website, but you can also buy a starter kit at $79.99 or an ultimate starter kit for at $89.99 from Amazon store.
The Raspberry Pi 3 model B+ size remains the same. It should be fully compatible with all previous cases and accessories for Model B.
Raspberry Pi 3 B+ Specifications
- Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 (ARMv8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.4GHz
- 1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2, BLE
- Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0 (maximum throughput 300 Mbps)
- Extended 40-pin GPIO header
- Full-size HDMI
- 4 USB 2.0 ports
- CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi touchscreen display
- 4-pole stereo output and composite video port
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- 5V/2.5A DC power input
- Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support (requires separate PoE HAT)
Raspberry Pi 3 is a mini computer. People can use it for a variety of things such as making laptops, desktops, IoT devices, automation, entertainment devices and more.