The Panasonic DP-UB450 and DP-UB150 Ultra HD Blu-ray players are the latest innovations introduced at CES 2019. Both models are able to play HDR discs in HDR10 and HDR10+ formats. Support for dynamic metadata is further enhanced on the UB450, which is also compatible with Dolby Vision.
Therefore, Panasonic has three “universal” players (UB450, UB820, and UB9000) for HDR. The Japanese brand is also the only one to offer the same broad support also on TV, specifically on GZ2000 4K OLED TV.
New Ultra HD Blu-ray players can play MP3, AAC, WMA audio files and high-resolution tracks such as DSD (2.8 / 5.6 / 11.2 MHz), ALAC, FLAC, WAV, and AIFF. The multimedia capabilities also include the ability to view movies in Ultra HD in the formats MKV / MP4 (H.264 / HEVC), TS (MPEG-2 / H.264 / HEVC), MPEG-2 / AVCHD / AVCHD 3D and images in JPEG / MPO. There are no streaming services.
Available connections include dual HDMI output to separate audio/video stream and audio-only stream (UB450 only), a coaxial digital output (UB450 only) and a front USB 2.0 port. Availability is scheduled for the month of March.
Panasonic DP-UB150 and DP-UB450 Features
- Playing Ultra-HD Blu-ray Disc (Ultra HD / HDR)
- HDR10+ and Dolby Vision (UB450 only)
- Output in Ultra HD 60p / 50p / 4:4:4
- 4K / JPEG 4K video playback
- Blu-ray Full HD 3D disc playback
- High-resolution audio file playback (DSD 11.2 MHz / 5.6 MHz / 2.8 MHz, ALAC, FLAC, WAV, AIFF)
- Twin HDMI Pure AV (double output on UB450)
- Coaxial digital audio output (UB450 only)