After the launch of the Nikon D780 SLR camera and Coolpix P950 with 2000mm zoom back in January, now the company has revealed a new Nikon digital camera called D6 Nikon camera DSLR flagship alongside the two new 20mm F1.8 S, and a 24-200mm F4-6.3 S lenses. This is a digital SLR camera that falls into the hands of sports photographers and journalists, it does not seem to open up fundamentally new possibilities, but we are confident that the Nikon D6 will be an interesting camera.
The D6 is based on a 20.8-megapixel sensor with the same resolution as the D5, but now it is combined with the new Expeed 6 processor and offers serial shooting at speeds up to 14 frames per second. Switch to live view, and the D6 will quietly shoot at speeds up to 10.5 frames per second.
Perhaps the biggest change for end-users is the brand new autofocus system. Although the total number of points has decreased from 153 to 105, now all these points are cruciform. The center point with AF sensitivity up to -4.5EV, all the rest up to -4EV.
In terms of video, the D6 continues to offer 4K video at 30p recording, but now with autofocus and the option to record MP4. Nikon D6 is equipped with two XQD / CFExpress card slots. Some other changes were also made, such as a maximum shutter time of 30 minutes, the ability to shoot JPEG files of different quality or size on different cards (mainly the option of shooting JPEG + JPEG), Wi-Fi with Bluetooth, and the presence of a GPS module. A camera weight increased slightly – from 1405 to 1440 g, including battery and memory cards.
Price and Availability
The Nikon D6 digital SLR camera is already available for pre-order at a price of $6496.95 through Bhphotovideo.com store and sales will start in April.
Nikon D6 Specifications
- Dimensions of 160 x 163 x 92 mm
- Weight of 1270g
- Touch Screen TFT-LCD Display of 3.2-inches
- 21 megapixels CMOS Sensor
- Maximum resolution of 5568 x 3712 pixels
- Expeed 6 Processor
- Auto ISO 100-102400 to 50-3280000
- 4K (3840 x 2160) recording @ 30 fps
- Autofocus 105 points
- Viewfinder coverage of 100%
- Shutter speed – Min. 900 sec. Max. 1/8000 sec
- Continuous Shooting Speed – 14.0 fps
- Connectivity of Wi-Fi, Micro-USB 3.1 Gen 1, Bluetooth, Microphone port, Headphone port, mini HDMI port
- EN-EL18c Battery up to 3580 shots