Motorola has recently announced a new variant of the Moto E5 Play, which will differ mainly due to the presence of pre-installed Android Go operating system instead of the standard version of the Android 8.0 Oreo OS.
According to what was reported by the winged house the two variants are not only different in the software: Moto E5 Play Android Go edition has a 5.34-inch display with a resolution of 480 x 854 pixels (18:9), 1GB of RAM and 2100mAh battery, while the standard Moto E5 Play features a 5.2-inch HD display with 2GB of RAM and a 2800mAh battery.
All other specifications remain the same, thus confirming the Snapdragon 425 SoC, the 16GB of internal storage, the fingerprint sensor placed on the back of the phone, 8MP rear camera with LED flash and the 5MP front camera also with LED flash.
Moto E5 Play Specifications
- Dimensions of 147.88 x 71.2 x 9.19mm
- Weight of 145g
- FWVGA+ TFT LCD Display of 5.34 inches, 18:9 aspect ratio
- Resolution of 480 x 960 pixels
- Rear Camera of 8MP with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size, LED flash
- Front Camera of 5MP with LED flash
- Android Go Edition
- 1.4 GHz Quad-core Processor
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 425
- Adreno 308 GPU
- 1GB of RAM
- Internal memory of 16GB
- Expandable memory up to 128GB
- Fingerprint sensor, Front-ported speaker, Dual mics
- Connectivity of 4G VoLTE, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth 4.2, USB 2.0, 3.5mm jack
- Battery capacity of 2100mAh
- Single / Dual SIM
The Motorola Moto E5 Android Play Go edition will be on sale in Latin America, UK, and Europe from this month with a price tag of $127 – approximately £99.95 / €109.