The MSI Prestige 16 Studio comes with a 165 Hz mini LED display, an RTX 4060, and Raptor Lake-H in a housing that is only 16.85 mm thin. One can therefore speak of a redesign of the Prestige 15 from 2022, with a smaller 16:9 display at the time.
The MSI Prestige 16 Studio is introduced with a 165 Hz mini-LED display in QHD+ resolution, an RTX 4060, and Raptor Lake-H. The silver metal housing is only 16.85 mm thin, and the weight is quite low at 1.9 kg. Overall, one can speak of a redesign of the Prestige 15 from 2022, which uses a smaller display in 16:9 format, while the 2023 model comes up with 16:10.
The processor is Intel Core i7-13700H (13th Gen), and up to 32 GB DDR5-4800 RAM is soldered on, while a maximum of a 2 TB PCIe 4.0 SSD is offered.
The Studio laptop should be used for image and video editing, but also for gaming, for which an RTX 4050 is also available as an alternative. It is supported by the Mini-LED 16:10 screen with a peak brightness of 1,000 cd/m², 100% DCI-P3, and factory calibration. 240 dimming zones are used, while more than 1,000 dimming zones do their work in the ROG Strix 16 (2023).
The 82 Wh battery can be charged quickly with the 120 W or 150 W power adapter, but also via USB-C with up to 100 W. Other features include the keyboard with a medium travel of 1.5 mm, Windows Hello login through the FHD IR webcam with physical bezel, and MIL-STD-810G specification.
As for the connections, you get two Thunderbolts, two USB-A 3.2 Gen 2, a microSD card reader, an audio port, and an HDMI 2.0 port. In addition, there is a physical WLAN switch. You can also log in with the fingerprint sensor.
Price and availability
MSI Prestige 16 Studio can be pre-ordered on the Bhphotovideo.com store at starting price of $1,899.
MSI Prestige 16 Studio specifications
- Operating System: Windows 11 Pro
- CPU: Intel Core i7-13700H (13th Gen) CPU, 2.4 to 5 GHz Performance 6-Core, 1.8 to 3.7 GHz Efficiency 8-Core, 24 MB L3 Cache
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 with 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM
- Memory: 32GB 4800 MHz LPDDR5
- Storage: 1 x 2 TB M.2 NVMe PCIe
- Display: 16-inch Mini-LED panel, 16:10, 2560 x 1600, 1000 cd/m2 Brightness, 100% DCI-P3
- Ports: 2 x USB-A 3.1/3.2 Gen 2, 2 x Thunderbolt 4 (Supports DisplayPort and Power Delivery), 1 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x 1/8″ / 3.5 mm Headphone/Microphone Input/Output, Memory Card Slot
- Audio: 2 x 2 W Speakers, Microphones
- Communications: Wi-Fi 6E (802.11ax) MU-MIMO 2 x 2, Bluetooth 5.3
- Webcam: 1080p
- Battery: 4-Cell LiPo 82 Wh, up to 13 hours, 150 W with USB-C
- Keyboard: 99-Key Notebook Keyboard with Backlight
- Security: TPM Security Chip, Facial Recognition, Fingerprint Reader, Webcam Blocker
- Dimensions: 14.09 x 10.18 x 0.66″
- Weight: 4.19 lb / 1.9 kg
Along with Prestige 16 Studio, MSI also introduced the Stealth 15 2023 with 13th Gen Core i7-13620H and GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU; Katana 15 2023 offers up to 13th Gen Intel CPUs and GeForce RTX 40 GPUs; and Stealth 17 Studio 2023 with 4K 144Hz mini LED display, RTX 4090, and i9-13900H in 20mm thin chassis.