Philips has unveiled its flagship gaming monitor, the Evnia 49M2C8900, boasting a dazzling 240 Hz QD-OLED panel with a peak brightness of 1,000 nits. This 49-inch display offers a 1440p resolution and comes equipped with enticing features like quad speakers and USB-C Power Delivery. Alongside this reveal, Philips has also disclosed pricing and availability details for its latest ultrawide gaming monitor.
Philips touts the Evnia 49M2C8900 as featuring a QD-OLED panel with a 5,120 x 1,440-pixel resolution, resulting in a pixel density (PPI) of 109 and a 32:9 aspect ratio. The screen further boasts a curvature of 1800R. Moreover, the Philips 49M2C8900 harmoniously combines its 1440p resolution with an impressive 240Hz refresh rate, normally presenting a total brightness of 250 nits. However, the monitor is engineered to achieve a staggering 1,000 nits (3% APL) when displaying HDR content.
Designed to cover a vast 125% of the Adobe RGB color space and an impressive 99% of the DCI-P3 color space, this monitor offers a visually rich experience. Philips has thoughtfully integrated Ambiglow lighting, powerful 30W speakers, and a remarkable 90W charging capability through a built-in USB Type-C port. The modern connectivity options don’t stop there, as Philips has also included DisplayPort 1.4 and HDMI 2.1 ports.
Price and availability
Upon initial inspection, the Philips 49M2C8900 appears to be a larger counterpart to the Evnia 34M2C8600, available for £1,130 / $1,300. However, the Evnia 49M2C8900 comes with a price tag of £2,069 on Amazon.co.uk, placing it in a higher price bracket compared to the Evnia 42M2N8900 gaming monitor, priced at £1,400 / $1,400, which features a flat OLED display spanning 42 inches.
Philips 49M2C8900 specifications
- Display: 48.9-inch QD-OLED panel, Anti-Glare, Low-reflection 2%, Haze 25%
- Resolution: 5120 x 1440
- Effective viewing area: 1196.7 (H) x 339.2 (V)
- Curvature: 1800R
- Aspect Ratio: 32:9
- Contrast ratio: 15,000,000:1
- Pixel Pitch: 0.233 x 0.233 mm
- Viewing Angle: 178º (H) / 178º (V)
- Display colors: 1.07 billion colors (10-bit)
- Pixel Density: 108.77 PPI
- Refresh Rate: 240 Hz
- Response time: 0.03 ms (Grey to Grey)
- Brightness: SDR: 250 (APL 100%) nit, HDR: 450 (APL 10%) nit, HDR E/P: 1000 (APL 3%)
- Color Gamut: NTSC 127.4%, sRGB 153.1%, Adobe RGB 125.2% (typical)
- Features: sRGB, SmartImage game, Flicker-free, Low Blue Light Mode, EasyRead, Adaptive Sync, Delta E, Low Input Lag, 3-sided Ambiglow, Mega Infinity DCR, DisplayHDR True Black 400, KVM, Kensington lock, PIP/PBP mode
- Audio: 7.5 W x 2 tweeters, 7.5 W x 2 woofers with flow port, 30 W 2.2 Channel output, DTS Sound
- VESA mount: 100 x 100 mm
- Ports: HDCP 1.4 (HDMI/DisplayPort/USB-C), HDCP 2.2 (HDMI/DisplayPort/USB-C), HDCP 2.3 (HDMI/DisplayPort/USB-C), USB version 3.2 Gen1 / 5 Gbps, USB-B upstream x 1, USB-A downstream x 4 (with 2 for fast charge B.C 1.2), HDMI 2.1 x 2, DisplayPort 1.4 x 1, USB-C x 1 (DP Alt mode, Power Delivery)
- Stand: Height adj. (120 mm), Tilt (-5/15 degree), Swivel (-/+ 20 degree)
- Dimensions: 1195 x 544 x 359 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 13.96 kg (with stand)