MSI has unveiled the Optix MAG301RF, its latest ultrawide curved 30 inch monitor for gaming. The new MSI 200Hz monitor features a 29.5-inch screen that displays 2560 x 1080 pixels, with a refresh rate of 200 Hz and response times of 1 ms.
MSI has revealed the new MAG301RF gaming curved monitor has a diagonal of 29.5 inches, on which a resolution of 2,560 x 1,080 pixels (WFHD) is displayed. The Rapid IPS panel has a refresh rate of up to 200 Hz and a response time of 1 ms (gray to gray). This makes it a particularly fast-reacting monitor with a high update rate. In conjunction with a game console, the widescreen monitor displays 1,920 x 1,080 pixels (Full HD) with a refresh rate of up to 120 Hz. Thanks to the support of HDMI-CEC, both devices can be switched on at the same time.
Other features of the new MSI 30 inch monitor include the anti-tear technology Adaptive Sync, which is compatible with G-Sync, as well as the display of HDR content. If desired, the monitor can provide dynamic RGB lighting effects with Mystic Light. Also on board are a night vision mode and a wide color gamut.
In terms of ergonomics and alignment, the new gaming monitor should be both rotatable and tiltable, and also adjustable in height. There is also a pivot function for vertical alignment. Blue light filtering and flicker-free backlighting are also promising.
Price and availability
MSI Optix MAG301RF ultrawide curved monitor for gaming is now available to buy at Amazon.com for $329.99 only.
MSI Optix MAG301RF Specifications
- Display: 29.5-inch Anti-glare Rapid IPS Panel
- Resolution: 2560 x 1080
- Refresh rate: 200Hz
- Response time: 1ms GTG (min)
- Brightness: 300 nits
- Viewing angle: 178° (H) / 178° (V)
- Aspect ratio: 21:9
- Contrast ratio: 1000:1
- Pixel Pitch: 0.2697(H) x 0.2697(V)
- Colors: 1.07B (8bits + FRC)
- DCI-P3 / SRGB: 85% / 105%
- DCR: 100000000:1
- Ports: 1x DP (Supports 1080p@200Hz as specified in DisplayPort 1.2a), 2x HDMI (Supports 1080p@180Hz as specified in HDMI 1.4), 2x USB 2.0 Type A, 1x USB 2.0 Type B, 1x Earphone out
- Features: Kensington Lock, G-sync Compatible, Frameless design, Console mode
- Vesa mounting: 100 x 100 mm
- Stand: Tilt – -5° ~ 20°, Swivel – -45° ~ 45°, Height – 0 ~ 130mm
- Dimension: 709.4 x 399.2 x 234 mm / 27.93 x 15.72 x 9.21 inch
- Weight: 7.25kg / 15.98lbs
Along with this, MSI has also made available new gaming monitors: the MSI Optix MAG273, MSI Optix G24C6P gaming monitor with a 23.8-inch VA panel, and a resolution of 1920 × 1080 pixels (Full HD format). The MSI Optix G272 with a 27-inch IPS panel, Full HD panel (1920 × 1080 pixels). The MSI Optix AG321CQR with a 31.5-inch curved display, 165 Hz refresh rate, 1500R curvature, and 1ms response time. And the MSI Optix G273QPF Nvidia G Sync monitor for gaming with a 27-inch Rapid IPS panel, and 1ms GTG response time.