The LG UltraFine 27EP950 is an OLED computer monitor designed for creative professionals, but with a high price of almost $2,574 on Amazon, it may not be suitable for everyone’s budget. However, the manufacturer has now released a cheaper sister model, the LG 27EQ850 4K OLED monitor, which is available in the USA for $500 less.
The LG UltraFine 27EQ850 has a 26.9-inch OLED panel with 4K resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels) at 60 Hz, a 1 ms response time (gray to gray), a 10-bit color depth, 99% Adobe RGB, 99% DCI-P3, and a contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1. However, it has a lower brightness of 200 cd/m² compared to the typical 250 cd/m² and does not have the DisplayHDR 400 True Black feature. Nonetheless, it does support HDR10.
The 27 inch OLED monitor offers a variety of interfaces, including two DisplayPorts, an HDMI input, a USB 3.0 hub, a headphone output, USB-C with DisplayPort alternate mode, and a 90-watt power supply.
A KVM switch has also been included. Ergonomic features include tilt, height adjustment, pivot, and VESA mount (100 x 100 mm). The LG UltraFine 27EQ850 consumes 60 watts of power during operation.
Price and availability
LG 27EQ850 OLED computer monitor is already available on Amazon.com with an MSRP of $1,999.
LG 27EQ850 specifications
- Display: 26.9-inch OLED panel
- Color Gamut: Adobe RGB & DCI-P3 99% (CIE1976)
- Color Depth (Number of Colors): 1.07B
- Pixel Pitch: 0.1553 x 0.1553 mm
- Response Time: 1ms (GTG)
- Refresh Rate: 60Hz
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Resolution: 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD)
- Brightness: 200cd (typ) / 180cd (Min)
- Contrast Ratio: 1M:1
- Viewing Angle: 178˚(R/L), 178˚(U/D)
- Features: Dynamic Action Sync, Factory Calibrated, Self Calibration, OnScreen Control (OSC), HDR10, User Define Key, Built-in KVM, Color Calibrated, Dual Controller
- Ports: HDMI x 1, DisplayPort x 2, USB Type-C x 1, Headphone Out 3-pole (Sound Only), USB Up-stream (1ea/ver3.0), USB Down-stream (3ea/ver3.0), USB-C (Data Transmission, 90W Power Delivery)
- VESA Mount: 100 x 100 mm
- Dimensions: 24.6″ x 23.2″ x 9.6″ (up) 24.6″ x 18.9″ x 9.6″(down) (with stand)
- Weight: 11.2 lbs (with stand)
LG recently also made available two new OLED monitors: the LG UltraGear 45GR95QE-B curved monitor offers a 240 Hz fast OLED panel with a response time of 0.3 milliseconds; and the LG UltraGear 27GR95QE-B features an OLED panel with a resolution of 2,560 x 1,440 pixels, RGB lighting and an integrated USB hub.