Dell presents a unique addition to its collection with the P2424HT, a portable monitor touch screen model that brings touch functionality to the forefront along with a host of ergonomic features. Notably, this offering also boasts an array of connectivity choices and incorporates a KVM switch for enhanced versatility.
Enhancing its already diverse range of displays, Dell introduces the P2424HT, a 23.8-inch LED touch screen monitor. Rather than focusing solely on delivering high-contrast visuals or lightning-fast image rendering, this model centers its strengths on a USB hub, ergonomic positioning options, and the inclusion of touch input capability.
With a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels, the panel may not offer the most refined display, yet it’s marked by its ability to facilitate up to 10 touch inputs concurrently. Such a feature’s practicality hinges on individual usage scenarios. The monitor’s design includes slim edges on three sides, a detail contributing to its sophisticated aesthetic.
Equipped with a contrast ratio of 1,000:1 and a gray-to-gray response time of 8 milliseconds, which can go as low as 5 milliseconds at its best, the P2424HT combines these technicalities with its adaptable nature. This adaptability extends to its tilting, rotation, and height adjustment capabilities.
Connectivity options are plentiful, including provisions for DisplayPort and HDMI connections. Additionally, the monitor boasts the capacity to deliver up to 90 watts via USB PD, making it more than a mere display device. A two-port USB 3.2 Gen 1 hub, complemented by a network adapter, further positions the P2424HT as a comprehensive solution for seamless integration into various setups.
Price and release date
Pricing for the Dell P2424HT 23.8 LED touch screen monitor is set at $479.99 on Bhphotovideo.com. However, specific details regarding its release date are yet to be disclosed.
Updated on September 11, 2023: Dell P2424HT touchscreen monitor is now also available from the Newegg.com store at $427.71 only.
Dell P2424HT specifications
- Display: 23.8-inch IPS panel, Anti-glare, 3H Hard Coating
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
- Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
- Pixel Pitch: 0.2745 mm
- Pixel Per Inch: 93 PPI
- Brightness: 300 cd/m²
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
- Color Support: 16.7 million colors
- Color Gamut: 99% sRGB
- Response Time: 5 ms (GtG fast), 8 ms (GtG normal)
- Viewing Angle: 178° / 178°
- Features: LED edge light system, Flicker Free technology, Dell Easy Arrange, Low Blue Light technology, 3-sided bezeless, Dell ComfortView Plus, Kensington lock
- Audio: 3W Speakers – mono
- Ports: HDMI (HDCP 1.4), DisplayPort 1.2 (HDCP 1.4), USB-C 3.2 Gen 1 (power up to 90W), 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 downstream, USB-C 3.2 Gen 1 downstream (power up to 15W), USB 3.2 Gen 1 downstream with Battery Charging 1.2 (power up to 10W), LAN, Audio line-out (mini-jack)
- Stand: Tilt (-5°/+60°), Swivel (-30°/+30°), Height Adj. (4.4 in)
- VESA Mount: 100 x 100 mm
- Dimensions: 21.2 x 9.8 x 12.6 in (with stand)
- Weight: 17.33 lbs
Recently, Dell expanded its range with the introduction of the UltraSharp U3824DW, a 38-inch curved monitor equipped with a USB hub and KVM capabilities. Backed by support for DisplayPort and HDMI, this offering is available for purchase at $1,299, aligning with Dell’s commitment to providing advanced and versatile monitor solutions.