Fujifilm introduces Instax Square Link, a smartphone photo printer that can transfer images in memory to film for square prints. It will be the best printer for photos to capture in a square format easily on the spot using the dedicated App to send your best moments from an image or video to your Smartphone.
The company mentions two new functions capable of “further expanding the pleasure of instant photography”: AR print, which through the app allows you to apply up to five different effects in augmented reality to images and create a print with a QR code. You can scan the QR code on the photo with your smartphone to see the AR content. You can also record your screen and share it on Social Media!
Next is Instax Connect, which, again through the application, allows you to impress messages and conversations on the shots. The app also allows you to import videos, to extract the perfect frame to print.
Instax Square Link release date and price
Instax Square Link smartphone photo printer is available in two colors, Ash White and Midnight Green, it can be pre-ordered via Bhphotovideo.com and Amazon.co.uk online retailers for $139.95 / £129.99, and it will be released on November 16, 2022. Fujifilm has also developed special cases coordinated with the colors of the printer for $16.99.
Instax smartphone photo printer specifications
- Recording method: 3-color exposure with OLED
- Film used: FUJIFILM Instax SQUARE instant film
- Number of films: 10 films/pack
- Image size: 62 mm × 62 mm
- Exposure pixel count: 800 × 800 dots
- Exposure resolution: 12.5 dots/mm (318 dpi, 80 μm dot pitch)
- Exposure gradation: RGB gradation of 256 colors
- Interface: Bluetooth 4.2 (BLE)
- Printable image format: JPEG、PNG、HEIF、DNG
- Printing time: Image recording – photo output (fed out): Approx. 12 sec.
- Possible number of printed images: Approx. 100 (from full charge; the number of prints depends on usage conditions)
- Power supply: Lithium-ion battery (internal type: not removable)
- Charging time: Approx. 80 to 120 minutes (depending upon the environment temperature at the time of charging)
- Power consumption: Approx. 3 W
- Dimensions: 105 × 37.5 × 127.5 mm (excluding projecting parts)
- Weight: 236 g (excluding film pack)
- Supplied accessory: USB cable (Type-C, Length: 30 cm)
Canon recently launched the Selphy CP1500 mini photo printer, which supports printing from USB drives, flash memory cards, and mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops. It has been priced at $139.99.