Earlier this year, Samsung unveiled one of the largest ultrawide monitors globally, the Odyssey Neo G9 G95NC. Boasting mini-LED backlighting that grants it a peak brightness of 2,000 nits and an impressive 8K x 2K resolution, the Samsung G95NC is truly a remarkable display.
The mini-LED backlight technology achieves an astonishing peak brightness of 2,000 nits, a feat worthy of VESA DisplayHDR 1000 certification. Even in an all-white display scenario, it still manages to maintain a minimum brightness level of 420 nits.
Notably, the VA panel delivers a static contrast ratio of 2,500:1, and the backlight further enhances contrast by dimming 2,392 zones. The monitor features an ultra-wide 32:9 aspect ratio, complemented by a 1,000R curvature radius. Thanks to its 7,680 x 2,160 pixel resolution, it achieves a pixel density of at least 140 PPI. Furthermore, its impressive 240 Hz frame rate and AMD FreeSync Premium Pro support make the Odyssey Neo G9 ideal for gaming enthusiasts.
The monitor is undeniably massive, measuring 133 centimeters in width and weighing in at 19 kilograms. While USB-C is notably absent, it offers a modern DisplayPort 2.1, a feature currently exclusive to AMD Radeon RX 7000 graphics cards. For Nvidia GeForce RTX 4000 users, there are three HDMI 2.1 ports available. Additionally, the monitor stand allows for height adjustments.
Samsung G95NC price and release date
Samsung initially announced the G95NC in early January, but precise pricing and availability information remained unconfirmed until now. The monitor is now listed on Amazon.com and Bhphotovideo.com, priced at $2,499.99, which includes a $500 gift card. It is set to hit the market on October 2, 2023.
|SAMSUNG 57" Odyssey Neo G9 Series Dual 4K UHD 1000R Curved Gaming Monitor, 240Hz, 1ms with...||$2,499.99||Buy on Amazon|
Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 2023 specifications
- Display: 57-inch VA panel, Mini LED Local Dimming (2,392 zones)
- Curvature: 1000R
- Resolution: 7,680 x 2,160 (4K UHD)
- Aspect Ratio: 32:9
- Brightness: 420 cd/㎡ (Typical) / 350 cd/㎡ (Min)
- Contrast Ratio: 2,500 : 1 (Static) / Mega DCR (Dynamic)
- Viewing Angle: 178°(H)/178°(V)
- Response Time: 1ms (GTG)
- Active Display Size (H x V): 1394.6112 x 392.2344 mm
- Color Support: Max 1B
- Color Gamut (DCI Coverage): Typ 95%
- Refresh Rate: Max 240Hz
- Features: HDR10+, HDR10+ Gaming, VESA DisplayHDR 1000, Eye Saver Mode, FreeSync Premium Pro, Flicker Free, Image Size, Off Timer Plus, Black Equalizer, Refresh Rate Optimizor, Super Arena Gaming UX, Picture-in-Picture, Picture-By-Picture, Virtual AIM Point, Auto Source Switch+, Adaptive Picture, Quantum Dot Color, Core Sync, KVM Switch, Factory Tuning, Factory Calibration Report, Color Mode
- Ports: 1 x DisplayPort (1.4), 3 x HDMI (2.1), 1 x 1/8″ / 3.5 mm Headphone jack, HDCP 2.2, 2 x USB-A 3.0 / 3.1/3.2 Gen 1, 1 x USB-B 3.0 / 3.1/3.2 Gen 1
- Stand: Tilt (-3.0º(± 2°) ~ 10.0º(± 2°)), Swivel (-15.0º (± 2°)~ 15.0º(± 2°)), Height Adj. (4.72 inches (±0.2 inches))
- VESA Mount: 100 x 100 mm
- Dimensions: 52.3 x 23.7 x 19.7 Inches (with stand)
- Weight: 41.9 Ibs (with stand)
In addition to this impressive Mini LED monitor, Samsung has also introduced the Odyssey OLED G9 G93SC gaming monitor. Sporting a 49-inch OLED panel, 1,800R curvature, 32:9 aspect ratio, 5,120 x 1,440 resolution, 240 Hz refresh rate, and a rapid 0.03 ms response time, it is available for purchase at $1,599.99.