A new 40 inch MSI ultra wide monitor for gamers has been introduced. The MSI MAG401QR 2K monitor relies on an IPS panel with UWQHD resolution (3440×1440 pixels, 21:9), and achieves a maximum refresh rate of 155 Hz according to the specs.
This new 2K MSI monitor comes equipped with a DisplayHDR 400 certification. Other features include 118 percent sRGB, 84 percent DCI-P3, and 90 percent Adobe RGB. Incidentally, there is no display curvature.
In addition to Adaptive Sync against tearing, the features include a black stabilizer and picture-in-picture and picture-by-picture modes. Navigate through the OSD using a five-way joystick.
The range of interfaces consists of two HDMI 2.0b inputs, a DisplayPort 1.4a, a USB 2.0 hub, a headphone output, and USB-C with DisplayPort alternate mode and 65 watts PD.
The MSI MAG401QR frameless monitor has KVM switch functionality, can allegedly be mounted at an angle or on a wall or swivel arm using a VESA mount (100 x 100 mm), and lacks neither a blue light filter nor a flicker-free backlight.
Price and availability
MSI MAG401QR 40 inch ultra wide monitor for gamers has been priced at $431 and can be purchased on Amazon.com and Newegg.com online stores.
MSI MAG401QR specifications
- Display: 40-inch IPS panel, Anti-glare
- Resolution: 3440 x 1440 (UWQHD)
- Pixel pitch: 0.2697mm
- Aspect ratio: 21:9
- Brightness: 400 nits
- Contrast ratio: 1000:1
- Refresh rate: 155Hz
- Response time: 1ms (MPRT)
- Viewing angle: 178°(H) / 178°(V)
- Display colors: 1.07 Billion
- Adobe RGB / DCI-P3 / SRGB: 90% / 94% / 118%
- Features: DisplayHDR 400, Anti-Flicker, Less Blue Light, FreeSync Premium, Night Vision, RGB Mystic Light, MSI Gaming Intelligence, Kensington lock, Wide color gamut, Frameless design, Console mode, PBP, PIP, KVM
- Ports: 2 x USB 2.0 Type-A, 1 x USB 2.0 Type-B Upstream, 1 x USB 2.0 Type-C (PD 65W)
- Stand: Tilt (-5° ~ 20°)
- VESA mount: 100 x 100 mm
- Dimensions: 945.22 x 289.63 x 530.29 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 22.70 lbs
The MSI also introduced the new 1080p 250Hz curved gaming monitor called MSI G274CX. It has a VA panel with Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels), 250 Hz refresh rate, 1500 R curvature, and HDR support. The new MSI 250Hz curved gaming monitor has been priced at $219.99.