MSI has recently launched the official product page for their QD OLED monitor for gaming, MSI MEG 342C QD-OLED. This page offers new and clarified information about the device which was unveiled in 2022. With this new information, it is worth taking a closer look at the model.
The MSI MEG 342C features a curved QD-OLED display with a radius of 1800 R, a diagonal measurement of 34.18 inches, and a resolution of 3440 x 1440 pixels (UWQHD, 21:9) with a maximum refresh rate of 175 Hz.
It has a VESA DisplayHDR 400 True Black certification, a contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1, a 10-bit color depth, a peak brightness of 1000 cd/m², and a response time of 0.1ms (gray to gray).
MSI claims that the device has 139.1 percent sRGB, 99.3 percent DCI-P3, 97.8 percent Adobe RGB, and a Delta-E value of less than 2. The QD OLED monitor features FreeSync Premium Pro, G-Sync compatibility, and VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) for anti-tearing measures and HDR support.
It also includes Mystic Light, picture-in-picture, and picture-by-picture modes. Additionally, it has an integrated microphone with noise cancellation.
The MSI MEG 342C QD-OLED has multiple input options including two HDMI 2.1 inputs, a DisplayPort 1.4a, a USB 3.2 hub (Gen 1), USB-C with DisplayPort alternate mode, and a 65-watt power supply.
There is also a headphone output and a microphone input. Thanks to the KVM switch, the device can operate two connected end devices with the same mouse-keyboard combination without having to constantly switch cables.
MSI QD OLED monitor can be tilted and adjusted in height, has a VESA mount (100 x 100 mm), and includes a blue light filter. According to earlier information, the manufacturer supplies a gaming dial as a remote control and allows various OLED care options to be set via the MSI Gaming Intelligence software to prevent burn-in effects.
Price and availability
MSI MEG 342C QD-OLED monitor is finally listed on Amazon.com for $1,099.99 without any availability details.
MSI MEG 342C QD-OLED specifications
- Display: 34.18-inch QD-OLED panel, Anti-Reflection
- Active display area: 800.1(H) x 337.1(V)
- Curvature: 1800R
- Resolution: 3440×1440 (UWQHD)
- Pixel pitch: 0.2315(H)x0.2315(V)
- Aspect ratio: 21:9
- Brightness: 250 nits (Typ.) / 1000 nits (HDR Peak)
- Contrast ratio: 1000000:1 (Native)
- Refresh rate: 175Hz
- Response time: 0.1ms (GtG)
- Viewing angle: 178° (H) / 178° (V)
- Adobe RGB / DCI-P3 / sRGB: 97.8% / 99.3% / 139.1%
- Display colors: 1.07B (10 bits)
- Features: Spectrumbar RGB Lighting Design, Built-in ANC mic, Light sensor, Less Blue Light Pro, AMD FreeSync Premium Pro, Premium Color mode, Delta E ≦2, Wide Color Gamut, Smart Brightness, Gaming intelligence, KVM, Night Vision, Smart Cross Hair, Optix Scope, MSI OLED Care, VESA DisplayHDR True Black 400, Kensington lock, Console mode, Frameless design, PIP / PBP
- Ports: 2x HDMI (Supports 3440×1440@175Hz as specified in HDMI 2.1), 1x DisplayPort (Supports 3440×1440@175Hz as specified in DisplayPort 1.4a), 1x USB Type-C (DP alt. w/ PD Charging 65W), 4 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A, 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type B
- Stand: Tilt (-5° ~ 20°), Height adj. (0 ~ 100mm)
- VESA mount: 100 x 100 mm
- Dimensions: 814 x 293 x 375 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 9.3 kg
In August 2022, Corsair unveiled the first bendable OLED display Xeneon Flex 45WQHD240 gaming monitor. The new Corsair bendable display is now available with up to a 10% discount on Amazon.