LG has expanded its gaming monitor range with the 27-inch Nano IPS UltraGear LG 27GP83B-B HDR monitor is now available to buy with a massive discount of up to $50.
The panel has a resolution of 2560 × 1440 pixels, which corresponds to the QHD format. The new QHD Monitor is certified AMD FreeSync Premium, and also has compatibility with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology. These technologies are designed to improve the smoothness of the gameplay and eliminate the effect of tearing in the frame by synchronizing the frequency of the LG gaming monitor with the frequency at the output of the video card.
The 165 Hz monitor has HDR10 support. LG claimed 98% coverage of the DCI-P3 color space. The refresh rate reaches 165 Hz and the response time is 1 ms (GtG). Brightness and contrast – 400 cd/m2 and 1000: 1. Viewing angles horizontally and vertically – up to 178 degrees.
The Black Stabilizer technology has been implemented, which improves the visibility of dark scenes. Dynamic Action Sync minimizes input lag, allowing you to react more quickly to what’s happening. Flicker Safe function prevents flickering, thus reducing eye strain.
Built-in speakers are not provided. The stand allows you to adjust the LG gaming monitor screen angle and height, as well as convert the panel from landscape to portrait. There are two HDMI interfaces, a DisplayPort connector, and a standard audio jack.
Price and availability
LG UltraGear 27GP83B-B HDR monitor has been priced at $449.99, but it is now available to buy at $399.99 only on the BestBuy.com website.
LG UltraGear 27GP83B-B Specifications
- Display: 27-inch Anti Glare Nano IPS panel
- Color Gamut (Typ.): DCI-P3 98% (CIE1976)
- Color Depth (Number of Colors): 1.07B
- Pixel Pitch(mm): 0.2331 x 0.2331 mm
- Response Time (GTG): 1ms (GtG at Faster)
- Refresh Rate: 165Hz
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Resolution: 2560 x 1440 (QHD)
- Brightness: 320cd (typ) / 400cd (Min)
- Contrast Ratio: 700:1 (Min.), 1000:1 (Typ.)
- Viewing Angle: 178°(R/L), 178°(U/D)
- Features: NVIDIA G-Sync, AMD FreeSync Premium, Black Stabilizer, Dynamic Action Sync, Crosshair, Flicker Safe, Smart Energy Saving, Reader Mode, Color Calibrated, On Screen Control (OSC), HDR10, Wide Color Gamut, Nano IPS Technology, Auto Input Switch, FPS Counter, FreeSync, User Define Key
- Ports: 2x HDMI, 1x Display Port 1.4, 1x Headphone Out
- Stand: Tilt/Height/Pivot
- VESA mount: 100 x 100 mm
- Dimensions: 24.2″ x 22.7″ x 11.5″ (with stand)
- Weight: 13.9 lbs (with stand)
Recently, LG has also introduced a new 24QP500-B FreeSync monitor for gaming. The new QHD monitor should convince with a particularly high refresh rate and also have a wide color space and is priced at $196.99 only.