The HP has announced the new M34d 34-inch ultrawide curved monitor. The new HP curved monitor is based on a VA panel with UWQHD resolution (3440 x 1440 pixels, 21: 9), maximum refresh rate is 100 Hz, and 1500 R curvature sets.
Further features of the new curved screen monitor are a 3500: 1 contrast, 250 cd/m² brightness, 8-bit color depth, and 5 ms response time (gray to gray). 99 percent sRGB is also promised.
Two integrated 3-watt speakers are also part of the feature set, as is a KVM switch and a picture-by-picture mode. It is not entirely clear from the information material whether FreeSync is available. The press release mentions it, but it is missing at least on the official product page. If anti-tearing technology is represented, LFC (“Low Framerate Compensation”) is likely to be missing.
On the interface side, the curved computer monitor supports DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 2.0, a USB 3.2 hub, a headphone output, and USB-C with DisplayPort alternate mode and 65-watt power delivery can be used. On the ergonomic side, inclination, height adjustment, VESA recording (100 x 100 mm), blue light filtering, and flicker-free background lighting are available. The typical power requirement of the 34-inch model is estimated at 48 watts.
Price and availability
The 10.51 kg HP M34d appears on Bestbuy.com for $529.99, and the manufacturer gives a one-year warranty.
HP M34d Specifications
- Display: 34-inch Anti-glare VA panel
- Curvature: 1500R curvature
- Pixel density: 109 PPI
- Color depth: 8 bit
- Refresh rate: 100 Hz
- Response time (G2G): 5 ms
- Resolution: WQHD (3440 x 1440)
- Contrast ratio: 3500:1
- Brightness: 250 nits
- Pixel pitch: 0.232 mm
- Features: Low haze, On-screen controls Low blue light mode, Height adjustable, flicker-free backlight, FreeSync (but not yet fully clarified), KVM switch, 2x 3-watt speakers
- Ports: 1 USB Type-C™ (Alternative mode DisplayPort™ 1.2, power delivery up to 65 W); 1 HDMI 2.0 (with HDCP support); 1 DisplayPort™ 1.2 in (with HDCP support); 4 USB-A 3.2 Gen 1
- VESA Mounting: 100 mm x 100 mm
- Dimensions: 31.89 x 4.41 x 14.44 in (without stand)
- Weight: 23.17 lb
The HP has also released a new gaming screen with the X27qc HP eye ease monitor. The built-in VA panel measures 27 inches diagonally, has a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels (WQHD), has a 1500 R curvature, and is priced at $349.99.